Controller not showing up on Vesc Tool

Quick story, my controller isn’t showing up on vesc tool, so, i bought a new one thinking my controller was broken and the new one isn’t showing up on vesc tool either. I also changed to two new vesc thinking it must be the vesc but still controller doesn’t show up on vesc tool yet all the motor setup works fine (normal). Has anyone had these issues with controller not responding on vesc tool. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage: HELP PLEASE. Here are the pics, controller is binded also.

Did you try the other channel on the receiver?

1 Like

Yes, man, i clueless whats causing this, built 7 boards since 2016, programmed them so many times and never seen this issue before. driving me nuts. also, i used an older version of vesc tool and the latest vesc tool 2.0 and its still not showing up.:rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:

1 Like

Try another receiver or switch around the wire connected to the receiver

Doesn’t the pulselength mapping has to be set to On?

2 Likes

even if it says off, the lines would have movement, i did put it on current with brake no reverse and the pop up comes up that says pulselength mapping has to be something, cant remember the rest right now.

1 Like

You are hitting the App RT button right?

4 Likes

i have never hit that button before.

1 Like

Neither have I when setting up the remote, only when I wanted to watch motor rpm / temps while on the bench for whatever reason

3 Likes

Tried the button but controller is still no show on vesc tool, swapped the vesc again, motor setup all good but still no controller signal on vesc tool either.

1 Like

If you are in the Wizard, the RT App button doesn’t need to be activated. If you are in the PPM App Settings, you need to activate the RT App button in the right menu. I just hooked up a HW 4.12 ESC to the very same remote and it works straight away. Did you bind the receiver to the remote?

1 Like

Yes i binded. i just bought another remote cause i thought mine was broken but no connection on tool software. i always use the wizard. this is strange, i have 4 vesc 4.12 and all are new and i couldnt connect with none of them, i also did my sons board and i shouldnt have done it cause now his controller is not working either. :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage:
its driving me crazy.

The universe is against you today. Have you tried to re-flash the ESC via SWD Prog?

1 Like

Ok my fellow esk8ers, solved the issue, reprogrammed motors and controller with 5 different usb cables, the vesc is a weird device, on the 5th usb cable, i managed to programmed my controller and everything is working correctly. @Trampa i guess the universe came back on my side, LoL. :joy::joy: Thank you Frank for messaging me and Thank you to all for your input.
This forum is a life saver with all the info thats shared, thanks again everyone.

2 Likes