Spintend 75V/200A Ubox (Based on 75V/300A VESC)and Uni1 Introduction !

Unless it is a 84v rated components ESC, you don’t want to run anywhere 75v even without regen, there can still be spikes going from WOT to zero and vice versa or just from regular commutation (depends on the hw and the software), regen only amplifies the phenomenon.

Given it was tested at 16S, that should be it (it is plenty enough)

2 Likes

What about a 20S lifepo4?

Max charge at 73V sounds safe maybe

Bit more than the rated 67V but lifepo4 is very good at dropping a few volts just by pulling the throttle once

1 Like

Hmmm Lifepo4 is like 3.2v nominal right?

I’d try 19S Lifepo4 max with this controller, if you plan full charge, transient spikes in the ESC comes easy :zap:

We haven’t seen schematics or BOM, I assume the hw is close to vesc 75/300 but for smaller discharge.

1 Like

Yes, just checked the wiring diagram.

If you wire it up like on the right side you will always get the 12V output as soon as the esc is switched on.

5 Likes

Did someone remove the original cabling from the XT90 and put on two pairs of cables from the XT60 ? I would like to know before my Ubox arrives. I saw in the pictures that there are two circuit boards and an ground wire between them ?

So I’m kinda struggling here, guys and gals (maybe).
I’m trying to set up the PPM input via VESC Input setup wizard, and no matter what I do, the software refuses to recognize the input from the controller to map PPM pulse length. I saw the comment earlier mentioning disabling the CAN for FOC motor setup, but I didn’t see any mention of this issue.

I did find this thread though: Controller not showing up on Vesc Tool

I’ve posted on the VESC website with a more detailed description of the problem here: https://www.vesc-project.com/node/779

If anyone has any ideas about what could be causing the issue, it would be much appreciated. I’m ready to ride before it gets cold. :sweat_smile:

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar issue. The issue was that the remote wasn’t paired to the receiver. Turn them both off, then turn the remote on, then turn the Ubox on.

If that doesn’t fix it, re-pair it using the menu on the remote.

Thanks for the response!

Unfortunately the issue seems to be more complicated than pairing the remote with receiver. .

In more detail. .

"I am also experiencing this problem with two different remotes. I have some control over the forward movement of the motor throughought every step of the input setup process, but:

The throttle response/sensitivity is not what it should be if it were properly PPM mapped.

The PPM signal mapping indicator (were you would see your real-time throttle and brake inputs and where I believe the pulselength start and pulselength end values are derived) does not seem to respond at all to any inputs from the controller.

I have tried un-pairing and re-pairing the remote as well as starting the setup with it both off and on. Nothing seems to illicit a response from the signal mapping indicator.

When you select the write to VESC option, even after messing with the input for several minutes and selecting the RTAPP data option on the right, this is when the message appears to tunlrn on RT app data and perform pulselength mapping.

I hope this helps to clarify the problem. "

Thanks in again for any advice anyone can offer.

Could you give us a screenshot of this screen while attempting to make it work?

Sure thing.

By default the receiver is setup to communicate to the VESC using uart. Did you go through the remote menu and change the connection from UART to PPM?

That’s not the same screen.

Right you are sir. My bad.

Turn on “RT APP” on the right side

1 Like

Yes, I’ve attempted to do the setup with various configurations of the RTAPP setting and other setting in the right margin. It doesn’t seem to make a difference. .

There doesn’t seem to be an option change the signal type on the flipsky VX2 unless I’m missing something?

Is AppSettings>General>AppToUse set to “PPM and UART”?

yes it is.

1 Like

also tried enabling can connection (I’m trying to set up for single motor), disabling uni1 remote through “wait for FOC calibration” option (to prevent firmware error message), which prompts me to select which vesc is receiving the signal from the receiver, then the same results after that. No signal response.

1 Like

Any single version made or just the dual?