[Complete] Eboosted 42" vanguard enclosure group buy

BTW this is phisically impossible

I’d prefer a large enclosure. 12s4p 2170 + stormcore + ltt smart bms minimum. Bigger is better as far as I’m concerned.

4 Likes

all I’m saying is I don’t need an enclosure fat enough for 16s4p

1 Like

The mixed stack still seems the safest way to go

2 Likes

A 48 cell enclosure similar to the sportster would be really awesome. I’d love to have a 16s3p in mine, even if it means dealing with split p groups, but I think overall we should stick to the same form factor as the 38". Having a long range vanguard is an awesome concept

3 Likes

There is no option physicaly to fit a 12S4P in a single stack enclosure on the Vanguard 38", at least no with room for BMS and ESC. On the 42" it might be possible but I need the deck here with me to confirm. Believe me the enclosure looks slim, not fat at all, with the double stack on the sides but a SS on the center.

From 10S4P SS you need to jump all the way to 16S4P when making a mixed stack enclosure.

4 Likes

I really like the mixed stack. It just makes sense. I only bottom out the middle of my flexible boards, so we may as well fit extra cells on the ends.

1 Like

BTW I’ll call these enclosures MS as it stands for Mixed Stack, Double Stack (DS) on the sides and Single Stack (SS) at the center

9 Likes

exactly…stick with the same form factor as the 38" but maybe with space in rear to forward mount the motors?

3 Likes

I really like the symmetrical mixed stack. For this board I am looking for comfort and range, not looking for super high speeds (up to 30 is fine). How many cells do you think would fit in a MS enclosure for a 42"? I know just guessing at this point since you don’t have it, just trying to figure out battery options for myself.

3 Likes

Has anyone done wider trucks with pneumatics on a vanguard deck before? Wondering about some wider Boardnamics trucks that I could run pneumatics as well as urethane wheels on without getting bite

You’d get wheelbite. You need TKP or DKP trucks as they’ll have a longer wheelbase. Then it’s probably possible with hoyt 5" or smthn small

Maybe I’ll try some Hoyts. Looking to get weird with this one

1 Like

What are the widest trucks out right now? BN 270’s?

Moon Luna’s are considerably wider

2 Likes

Just picked up this one. May do a 38 too

4 Likes

I bloody loved this deck analog. I want an enclosure made for the Dervish Sama so badly.

I just got my 42" vanguard today, I did not realize how similar it is to the dervish. The 42" vanguard enclosure will likely be a bit long at the edges, but I bet the 38" enclosure would fit the Dervish Sama. You’d have to use a gasket to handle the concave, but I bet it’d work.

2 Likes

I’ve found weather stripping to be a great gasket and gap filler.

2 Likes

You think anyone has ever tried to convert the vanguard into a drop through?

3 Likes

just use one of @IDEA 's drop bracket?

2 Likes