[Complete] Eboosted 42" vanguard enclosure group buy

Yeah I could use that to see how it feels before doing anything permanent, but not sure I’d like the added length to an already long board

2 Likes

better than destorying a good deck to test out a theory

2 Likes

Officially at 10 voters. Hop in boys! Who wouldn’t want a 42 inch Vanguard with a fuckton of range?

3 Likes

The way that would feel and ride and perform, it would essentially be an Icarus, but would come in longer sizes.

The way bamboo is with it’s strength coming from long fibers idk how it would hold up, I’ve snapped a couple drop through loaded planks with just 10s esk8 >40A (dervish Sama and Tan Tien). Though the fiberglass layers give some confident vibes. I’d only try it with a deck I don’t care about losing and I’d be hella cautious on test rides.

I was thinking along these lines earlier myself though, and was hankering for a bamboo deck with @IDEA 's dropdown mounts. Comfort/flex/carve of bamboo with all the wheel, drivetrain and steering clearance benefits of newfangled/niche deck styles.

Oh how I with I could afford to just experiment like this but with actual parts.

2 Likes

Here’s the size difference for anyone interested. Granted one of them has the nose shaved down a little bit from wear and tear

1 Like

what kind of wear and tear shave off that much nose :joy: :joy: what u doing with the deck? wheelie?

1 Like

Can I still get in on this?

1 Like

I’ve run boarnamics 270s w no bite- used both pneumatics and Thanes

1 Like

Yes. @Evwan

Already got him in

1 Like

what wheels size, so others know it works

those are 6" evolves

1 Like

Oh nice I was planning using those same trucks on my vanguard, does the wider 270 truck make a large impact on carving?

Correct! 6 inch evolves- it rode beautifully- I’ve messed w it since- but some the bn 270s worked w either setup

Perfect thanks @poloace ! Just the info I was hoping for.

my build plans for this include momentum wheels and a DV6. not sure about the rest yet. probably 12s <80A with high Ah

3 Likes

Alan sent me some pictures of the 38" enclosure on the 42. His response was “it will hold a lot more cells”.
Oh boyyyyy let’s see what madness this thing will hold for us

7 Likes

20s4p loaded vanguard, anyone?

5 Likes

Y’all crazy.

My 20s4p 125kv tomiboi deathwish is unmanageable…I can imagine if it had even the tiniest bit of flex :joy:

Should be super fun tho :crazy_face::crazy_face:

4 Likes

Looking at it I thought he might be able to sneak another single stack section in the middle. Would add some extra capacity but keep the same general look :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes