Community Shout-Outs

That’s a sweet potatoe @Kai , still counts liar.

2 Likes

Lying? I yam.

3 Likes

Oh thank god :rofl: that deck is looking great so far dude.

Well done @jaykup , legend!

4 Likes

I insist on making each one better than the one before. Thats one of the three reasons my eyes are bloodshot. @.@

1 Like

Got my package with meepo fatty tyres from @frame today. He sent me a surprice with them to go with my green theme. Man! You are too nice. Thank you! Love them!

9 Likes

woooooo :green_heart::alien:

5 Likes

I want to give a huge shout-out and Thank You you to @bboybowzer!

I was looking for a pair of used SL-1000 ShredLights to quickly upgrade to (from my uselessly dim SL-200’s) since I already had the mounts in place. He responded that he had a pair he could send me…at no cost to me and even ignoring my offer to pay for shipping!

Even more amazing was that he didn’t ship me a pair that he had been using. He had new ones sent to me from ShredLight!

I am truly humbled by his incredible generosity and I wanted to express my appreciation publicly. This was an amazing gift @bboybowzer, thank you so much.

25 Likes

He’s way too nice of a guy. He’s spent the last month plus preparing parts for boards to loan to people at Carve.

Like who does that?

11 Likes

12s4p workable for jumping for you?haha

5 Likes

I’ll jump a crab

5 Likes

Bao is like real life esk8 santa

9 Likes

Shoutout to @PedroMcJimenez.

Not only did he pick me up from the airport, saving me from a 12.5 hr layover. He cooked an incredible meal for me and took me on a sweet ride around his home base.

Then I get home and find an Amazon package delivered to…

Guessing they didn’t let you send penis wrinkle :joy:

You’re a forever homie!

18 Likes

Lol, didn’t even try, figured bellend is obscure enough in US that it would pass.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::metal:

8 Likes

I just found this thread and I’m several ciders into the night so coherence may suffer and rambling may ensue, I’ll try to keep both to a minimum.

First and foremost I wanna mention @Ac53n or “esk8 help hotline” as I sometimes refer to him around friends, he’s been consistently there fully willing to answer any question I have even when I struggle to understand :sweat_smile:
My DIY would be substantially more of a death trap if it weren’t for his input, thanks dude, and thanks for the good deals on used parts :grin:

I have to mention @jack.luis and @DuckBatterySystems for really getting me on the forum, admittedly I had made an account but didn’t use the forum that much for a while because I was intimidated not knowing how things work. Talking with you guys at the electrify expo really gave me the push I needed to get on the forum and figure out how to use it. Thank you both.

Huge thanks to @Yeahthatperson for showing me around the local riding scene and getting me in contact with way more of the local riders, you’re a pillar of the community dude for real.

Shout out to @bboybowzer of course. We all know he’s earned it, I won’t go into all the details but it’s a regular occurrence for me to ride with somebody who wouldn’t be able to ride if not for Bao giving them parts or advice or even just a more skilled hand. Everybody, beginners and experts alike, truly appreciate your impact.

Shout out to @b264 for all the beginner question help and also literally paying the shipping to send me cut up belts out of his own pocket so I didn’t have to do math to figure out belt sizing, I still use the exact scrap you sent me pretty regularly.

Huge thanks to @Jinra and @sevenfloorsdown for the wisdom you’ve given me throughout, I know I’m a dumb college kid but I do genuinely hold both of your opinions in high regard and do take your input to heart.

Thanks to @Gamer43 for being the first person on here to help me when I was still trying to make cheap flipsky stuff work (I still haven’t bypassed that anti spark, but I’ve been practicing soldering on PCBs so maybe some day)

Thanks to @haven and @MichaelWA for always being down for a nice ride, it makes me happy to have made such good friends through these wacky fucking things.

A huge shout-out to @jaykup as well, I know nothing about the guy but I constantly see him demonstrating an incredible wealth of knowledge in a really easily digestible manner to those who need it. You’re the exact kind of people we need in this hobby and on this forum. Never change.

Thanks @A13XR3 for your seasoned guidance and awesome work building my mountainboard battery, my charger and soldering iron were both recommended by Alex and I could not be happier. Plus that battery is 500 miles strong!

Thanks to @Battery_Mooch for all the smarty farts, lithium ion powered hobbies would be 5 years farther behind if it weren’t for your awesome testing.

Thanks to @Sk8tedad for reminding me that I’d rather be loveable and charming than smart. Please never stop rambling.

@rafaelinmissouri you’ve inspired me to document more of my riding and workshop stuff, I’m always excited to hear what you have going on in the shop or what you’re riding on today

Thanks to @ARCTIC for your seasoned advice on protective gear, dress for the slide right?

Shout out to @Venom121212 not for his help in diagnosing issues, nor his advice to avoid said issues in the future but solely because he mentioned it and no other reason at all.

Shout out to @glyphiks for the entertainment and advice, I’ve been preparing for crate day since I saw your post

Shout out to @rusins @Evwan @ShutterShock @NateW @AaronTech2 @Shadowfax @MysticalDork @Flyboy @DerelictRobot and @Tony_Stark each and every one of you has been thoughtful and patient in explaining something to me that I wouldn’t understand otherwise

And finally, shout out to esk8 itself and @longhairedboy for putting me on a path to meet and encounter some of the most awesome people I’ve ever encountered.

There are so many more that I’d like to mention but I don’t have the mental capacity and my girlfriend has been waiting for me since the jinra and sevenfloors shout-out, I fear I may not have much time left. I appreciate all of you that I’ve interacted with.

27 Likes

Totally cool that you forgot me dude, no hard feelings :green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

4 Likes

If it makes you feel any better I forgot about Al too and that guy’s pretty hard to ignore.

1 Like

passive-agressive

2 Likes

yeah he keeps threatening to skin me alive, whatever that means

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

1 Like

This makes me 100% feel better :grin:

Glad to have you here dude!