Community lead mandatory safety

A must watch…

15 Likes

I remember seeing this video 2 years ago, still remember it to this day.

4 Likes

Just ordered a pair off Sector 9’s website

EVERYONE - THEY ARE CURRENTLY 50% OFF!!

2 Likes

Oh dear, I see I’m a little late then :joy: Thought I’d snagged the deal of the century

1 Like

I wonder what ever happend to a2esk8

Yup, and even though it’s snowboarding not esk8, “The Crash Reel.”

1 Like

Sometimes I look at all the scratches on my helmet and especially visor and think “that would have been my face”

3 Likes

Mi amigo, I don’t know what you’re doing, but the armored hoodie is the most solid thing out there. I skate mine downhill, and have fallen 10+ times in it. The big ones were a nasty highside where I just slapped stomach first going about 35, plowed a guardrail with my shoulder going 45, and numerous other smaller ones. The shoulder that I hit with the guardrail has been dislocated and broken before, so it’s weaker. I walked away without a bruise. I hit it hard enough to have some bad spine compression (that still hurts 2 months later) and I didn’t even have a BRUISE on the point of impact.

The armored hoodie wants to love you. You just have to let it.:grin::joy:

4 Likes

He means for warmth :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Even on that front, I wore it doing Dawn patrols in 30 degree weather in Colorado. It’s pretty warm too

The hoodie isnt waterproof, and the jacket is, the weather here in Iceland can be quite unpredictable, Sunny for 2 hours and suddenly it starts to rain and even freese and by then i might be far away from home and even if im not riding home i still need to taka the bus home and it can be quite moist and cold, thats why im asking

1 Like

I know what you mean but I only ride in sunny days. Before the jacket, you need 100% waterproof board on pneumatics If it’s not, then weather proof jacket is not needed since you can’t ride in rain.

http://www.trampaboards.com/spur-gear-drive-electric-mountainboard-with-straight-cut-or-helical-gears--awesome-performance-p-26279.html This ís the Board im getting, its not waterproof like dipping it in a bucket of water but i think it can handle some harish conditions

1 Like

Road salt is the board killer.

On the jacket front, true motorcycle leathers give you the warmth and protection…

1 Like

And the right to start bar fights and wear esk8 patches.

5 Likes

TSG pass (duh), triple 8 helping hands, Speed and Strength cruise missile padded jacket, Fox Launch kneepads.

Kept me from doing any major damage when I hit a rock at 35mph

Don’t have any after pics but I really only had a minor bruise (2in in diameter) on my hip/thigh where I landed, and somewhere else on my left side so minor I forgot.

8 Likes

Awesome, you just bounced right back up and kept skating? Lol
Also love how you can see the shadow of your arms flailing right before you take that dive, haha.
Ride safe friends!

2 Likes

That was actually a pretty solid fall. You laid out flat just like you’re supposed to and kept your hands open for support. Gear. Gear. Gear. Here’s your psa right here back up and good to go. A new pair of pants aint no thang. Glad you’re OK that rock looked menacing.

7 Likes

19 Likes

I miss Derek and he was before my time. Never again chaps.

6 Likes