Community Board Project X

We might offer some deck/enclosure combinations in future.

3 Likes

coming back on the mounts, dont you have capabilities of designing your own motormounts? probably in a fixed position even, solves a lot of potential product issues.

1 Like

Sure, we could do it, but it would be less customizable and the BN work flawlessly so far. I don’t think motor mounts have a great potential of issues. Or do you have a specific point which bothers you?

1 Like

Primarily the length, you kinda want to have the motors a bit higher maybe, i have crushed and seen crushed motors because they were hanging so low.

1 Like

Ask @Jamie42 @Minimadness, me @martijns98 and some more, we were scrapin’ alright.

1 Like

12s12p 21700 right? Sounds like a fucking hefty battery. I would be interested in a deck and a single stack enclosure maybe, depends on quality.

We mounted the motors so low just for style reasons. You are free to choose the mounting angle however it fits your needs.

@Minimadness the 12S12P 21700 is DS. For a SS there is just 12S6P possible.

2 Likes

I understood that, but thanks for the clarification.
12s6p sounds like plenty range to me so a single stack would be enough. Or maybe 18s4p if better motors or direct drives exist by the time you release these decks separately :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Lol mine’s completely crashed, it even has some small dents. You should definitely mount it higher.

2 Likes

We are testing and comparing a 12S6P 40T vs. a 12S6P 50A battery right now. With the 40T you get about 80km of range and 150A continuous (240A peak) power and with the 50A 100km of range and 90A continuous (>120A peak) power. With the DS battery you get more than double the power and range due to even lower sag and less stress per cell.

1 Like

Sounds about right. :grin:
The 50A’s will be running at lot less efficiently at 15A vs the 40T’s at 25A so that might result in a bit less expected run time for the 50A compared to calculated numbers based on nominal capacities.

1 Like

Thanks for stepping into the conversation Mooch!
If you would get full throttle all the time, which would be about 100km/h, you are right. Our average consumption with the street setup is between 11Wh/km and 13wh/km so the stress for the battery is very low in avg. That’s why we expect the 25% range increase with the 50A compared to the 40T.

1 Like

At 10A continuous down to 3.2V they’re essentially equal in delivered Wh, with 40T the better choice at higher current levels. But once you’re down near 5A or so then the 50A starts to shine. Looking forward to reading about your results, love this kind of comparative testing!

3 Likes

Thank you for mentioning that! Being a esk8 noob it’s so easy for me to miss important things like that.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought as well. Cruising current is about 20-40A which is 5A per cell in avg in 6P configuration or 2.5A in 12P configuration. So in theory it should work. But I will let you know exactly what the real life data will say.

2 Likes

It has eaten some mud on the ATs, but after cleaning it, it looks nice again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you ever try a redember deck?

No, but Alan from @eBoosted die compare the Titan Flex with the Redember 44 and he said they are quite similar. Maybe he can share some more detailed information about the differences. If we wouldn’t produce our own decks we probably would go with the 44. It looks really sweet though.

2 Likes

Guys, I need your advice.

Following situation: I would like to offer as many ride configurations as possible, to cover almost all needs of an experienced ESK8 rider.
That’s the reason behind why we are offering 2 different decks, in different shapes and colors with different flex properties and different enclosures. The same thing we want to do with truck, wheel and bushing setups. So everybody can choose whatever they like most.

The current situation on trucks is, our in cooperation with BN made 270mm RKP truck which will be offered with adjustable(or non adjustable) BPs paired Riptide pivot cups and bushings.

The thing is you can’t fit wheels over 6" on those trucks, in combination with our decks and with a loose/soft busing setup, without getting wheelbite.

I see 3 option to solve this problem.
1st option, to make the hangers 30mm-50mm wider. This would result in a 300mm-320mm wide hanger. Total truck width would be increased from 370mm to 400mm-420mm (Matrix2/FB320 width)
2nd option, to make the nose and tail of the deck longer by 1". This would result in a 44" instead of 42" deck.
3rd. option would be to use our 300mm Titan TKP prototype truck. Thanks to the TKP vs the RKP truck geometry, there is no wheelbite for up 7" wheels with maximum loose setup and it would probably fit also 8" wheels with an normal to tight truck setup. But I don’t know anybody using an 8" wheel on 8mm axles.

Sure, I could also use risers, but I’m not a fan of using them excessively for more than 1/8"-1/4".

So, now I would like to know your opinion. Do you think there would be a demand for 7"ish wheels on a RKP or TKP in the first place?

If yes, should we extend the deck, or the trucks, or just go with the 300mm TKP?

If you tend to the TKP truck, you don’t think it could be overwhelming (stability wise) for some riders on such a fast and powerful board?

If you tend to the longer deck, you don’t think the extended wheelbase would make the board significantly less “turny”?

If you tend to the wider trucks, you don’t think they could make the board significantly less agile as well?

Thank you for your contribution.

300mm TKP on maximum lean and loose setup

270mm RKP maximum lean middle loose setup

2 Likes

Why not make the deck 1 inch longer aswell as the arms :smirk: more control :stuck_out_tongue: also making the deck longer is probably cheaper for you than making wider trucks.

Did i mention im fanboying your flex deck?

3 Likes