Community Board Project X

The baseplate screws are holding it together. :joy::crazy_face:

4 Likes

He holds 4 unofficial world records guys, he knows what he is doing.

10 Likes

2 Likes

The deck is over 20mm thick and there are 2 layers of GFK. It’s the stiffest I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

Just because it’s stiff, doesn’t mean it is constructed well.

8 Likes

You’re right. I will pay special attention how the deck will behave over the testing period. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Just confirmed with the technician. There are 2 layers of triaxial fiberglass and 3 cores build in. This should prevent enough stiffness for all torsional strength.

2 Likes

Dunno if it’s dtiff enough, but I love it’s look
This board is cool as f**k

1 Like

Thanks David, I appreciate it!

Triax will definitely help with the torsional aspect. But all those grains running the same way rustle my jimmies. Worried about the longevity of the deck.

1 Like

Yeah, I know what you mean. We need to find it out. But so far I’m pretty confided, that the fiberglass enforcement and the thickness of the deck will hold up very well. Due to the stiffness there is also almost zero flex which should improve the longevity further. It is also not a mountain board which is meant to do jumps on it. So I can’t imagine any issues with the structure of the deck. But only time will tell.

2 Likes

Ive learned that to test the strength and durability you actually have to break one :frowning: i would hate to do that though.

Did it already on the V1, and we improved it from the frist prototype. We are testing the V3 now.

2 Likes

Hi!
First of all, cool that you and your friends make this project!

I have, maybe, a few stupid question:
-) how much will it cost, with the stand right now?
-) why do you make a new deck, that look like so many others and dont use a proofen deck? Could you make it cheaper?

I think a ommunity board should be a good board with proofen components and some open source parts which you also could sell… otherwise it is no community board.
There are few examples in 3d printing community (voron, hypercube, …)

But maye i missunderstand something …

Hi Breibru,

thank you for your questions. They are not stupid at all.
We didn’t finish the testing yet and also didn’t decide for a final VESC.
Also some wheels need to be tested before going public with this project. So I can tell anything about pricing now.

Regarding to the deck, we think that it’s one of the best ESK8 decks you can buy. We offer two different decks (stiff and flex) in two shapes and colors with custom enclosures. Since we will probably have the largest battery in the industry wit 12S6P 21700 SS and 12S12P 21700 DS we need to create a deck that fits that perfectly.
In addition to that, the prototype is geared to reach speeds above 100km/h and we need more stability on the deck than most other decks can offer. The decks we offer are also not made by me. They hand crafted from guys with over 10 years of experience in deck manufacturing. The quality of the deck is unparalleled to every other deck I’ve seen so far. I traveled to several countries in Europe and visited different manufacturers and tested their facilities and their decks. After testing in improving prototypes over month, this are the results. As every single part of our board is tested or will be tested for multiple thousands ok kms we can be sure to offer a rock solid product when it’s done.
Like you said we use open source components like VESC and Flexi BMS and parts from proven manufacturers.

In the end we want to rise the bar in in qulity, performance and reliability for a still affordable price for ESK8 enthusiasts.

All this takes a lot of time, money and effort. But if your passion is big enough it doesn’t matter. It is an awesome journey and a great opportunity to learn and evolve for all involved people.

1 Like

I do love that you are coming with tests and results and i do think the board is very very cool. And so i wanna give you 2c of me as an industrial product designer.

I feel like the board as it is right now will sell disappointingly because of its “lacking” visuals. The deck looks kinda boring and the rounded edges make it look more like a sluggish slow looking board. As much as i love @boardnamics and his new 270 trucks look stellar, the mounts lack a bit in the eye candy category aswell, this is not bad for diy as they function very well, but for pre-builts you want something that you know, suits the board.

Also the enclosure is not very tidy yet ofc, but i think thats just testing however the big titan logo on the bottom does set me off a little bit.

I do however believe that with the added drop to the deck it looks already wayy better than before and i really do think you are going the right direction.

Also people that are gonna shell out a lot of money would ( i think) want the luxury of pneumatic wheels.

I just say this because i really do think you did well even though the forum was against you a bit (wheter deserved or not) dont take it as criticism but a bit of harsh love <3

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback, Luuk! I am happy for every bit of criticism and improovment suggestions.

Maybe it is not clear, but we offer 2 totally different decks.
1st deck is the Titan Stiff Proto V3 with the rounded edges we are testing now. It will be offered in a light wooded color with epoxy skin.

2nd the Titan Flex where we are testing the V2 now with the sharp edges and the cutout in the middle. This one will be offered in a dark wooden color with an epoxy skin as well.

I’m not sure yet if we should apply glass frit to them or not. I will do probably both and ask the community what they like best.

I did a survey asking what types of decks they like and the results were basically the 2 shapes. So I decided to offer both instead of just one, so people can choose whatever they like most.

Do you have any suggestions for mounts you like more? People here seem to like the XTLA SR mounts, but I don’t think many people would like to pay such a high price on a complete for mounts and I don’t see any technical benefits.

Yeah, the Titan stiff enclosure is a V2 prototype. We will get a V3 soon. I personally love the big Titan logo, but I know some people prefer small logos. To please as much people as possible we do offer again 2 versions.

Thank you! The drop was a must have from the beginning. We tested 3 different drops(micro, medium, big) on different sized decks for the Titan Stiff.
For the Titan Flex V1 we tested the deck shape first and than added the geometry due to the experiences we gained with the stiff deck.

There will be a pneumatic option for sure!
We just need to test a little more. We are testing everything from 145mm to 260mm. Please just be a little patient :slight_smile:

Thanks again, we really do our best to create a great product and satisfy as many experienced riders as possible. :heart:

5 Likes

I absolutely love that flex deck, whats the length?

They are both 107cmx29cm. This makes it the world widest production series ESK8 deck :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

can i buy one separate :stuck_out_tongue: