Communication in Esk8 builders

What is it with folks and a lack of communication?
All day I hear about people not getting stuff or getting ghosted.
I’ve had my experience with @hyperion1. I gave them 2 weeks past the estimate before I hit them up asking for a status update and I’ve gotten zilch back over the past week.
Is it that hard to just update people?

Dear Hyperion,
Are you dead or in hospital because you’re totally non-responsive.
Concernedly yours,
Vincent

Lets fucking go.

14 Likes

Same thing here but I’ve been waiting since April

2 Likes

9 Likes

Kind of absurd how people in the community are shocked when they get even an ounce of customer service. “After 3 weeks of waiting for a reply, they finally sent me the wheels they promised me. 10/10 would do business with again”. The worst part about this is that the businesses that are the worst culprits, are some of the ones most esk8 newbies look up to. Not great if you ask me. But that’s just my opinion

9 Likes

I do hear the same stuff. Nothing but delays and ghosting in this hobby. I ordered a gear drive from Kaly in early July and I just got it last week after I took to Instagram DM’s since my emails were never responded to. It was always “I’ll ship tomorrow, give me the order number” and then a week later “so… is this shipped?”

2 Likes

I waited for over 3 months for Hyperion to get an E-Toxx group buy happening. Communication was poor and in the end I had to ask for a refund.

They were extremely responsive to that and refunded me the next day which I definitely am not complaining about.

1 Like

Yeah the only sellers who have been responsive and responsible in my personal experience have been

T̴̉͒̋͞҉҉̨̠̟̬̜̺͎͓̱̞͙̗̩o̴̪̰̟͎͙̝͙̝ͭ̅ͮ̂͊̓ͧ̍̊͛̐̀ͦ̓ͣͭͭ͌́̀̚ ̶̢̡̗̯̜̜̠̯͉̖̜͔̫̳͍͖̈́ͨ̍͊̋̽͊͡͝ͅi̝͇̭̩̹͕̱̫̺̜͍͓̳̙̪̝͎̜ͪͩ̌̇̊ͫͪ̆̉ͦ̅ͥ́͡ͅn̨͎̼͕̤̙͎̻ͩ̿͆͑͊ͫ́̐ͬ̋ͥ͒̍͐͡v̹̻̱̠̊̂̇ͦͭͥ̈́͗̎ͪ̋ͪ̿̆̚̚͘ǫ̠̘̙̰̬̼̺͓͚̭̰̘̗̟ͦ̂ͧ̾̎ͭ͂͘ͅkͥͣ̏ͧ̿̾̄ͪͯ͏̡͔̮͈̖̠͎̟̻͕e̵̙̪͙͈̘̖̲͚̜͍͙͙̮͈̱̬̹̠̬̾̂̉̂ͩ̎ͯ͋ͪ̚͝͡ ͛͂ͦͣ̿̅ͭ̃̈́̈͆ͯ̏̇͌ͤ͆͠͏͙̟̞͉͖̭̟t̛̺̪͎̼̤̩̻̭̪͙͉̼͎ͯͩͭ̊͛͐̅͊̌̃͊̃͊̌̿ͫͣ͘̕ͅh̡̀̂͒̐ͬ͏̸̴͓͉̖͙̞̣̩̤͖̮̜̲͕̻͈̬̱̞̹è̴͕̬̬̝̱̰̹̞̄͐̒̐̌͋̂̑̈̇͘͡ ̈́ͫͫͮ͏̷̶̞̺͈̳̦̹͙̹̤͎͖̪͕̜̪̺̪̞h̶̡̝͖̠̟̠̜͑͑̉̍̅̓ͥ̀̚͟ḯ̸̙͔͉ͧ͌̏̈́ͩ̑͑ͨ͆̄ͦ̋́̀͞v̶͇̻̯͍͔̞̺̯̪̹̟̺̯̝̩͕͙͓̬̇̂ͫ̾̒ͫ͑̓̔͊ͩ̅͆̈͛̂̚͝e̢̩̹̭͍͕̤̭̠̼͋͛͛̃ͥͨ̀́͠-̷̍̓̂ͯ͛͛̆ͬ̓͐͝҉̡̹͖̹̥͈̯̙̫̖̝̗̥̹͇̪̘m̶̢ͫ̔̂ͤͨͥ̉ͨ̉̃ͦ̚҉̩̞̞͓̣̫͈̥̟̲̮̙͍̹͝i̷͊ͪ̋̀̒ͦ̽̎̊͑̃̿͑ͧ̄̄̿͛͏͚̖͈̜͝n̶̺͕͎̻̝̠̜͍̟͍̪̘͍̲͍͂̇ͮ̃̾̾ͮ͞d̷ͬ͗̿̔̈̂̌͌ͮ̿̓͏̼͔͍̜̭͍̹͚̯̼ͅ ̵̙̠͇̯͙͔̲͍̫̠̤ͭͨ̒ͬͩ͑̋ͪͨͧ̑́͂͛̚̚͝r̄̅ͯ̊̍͋̄̋̀̐̐̐̚͏̵̵͍͍̜͚̼̮̹̺͓͍͢͝e̶̶̩̦̟̲͔͚̳͓̳̥̓̓ͫ͋ͫ͗̆̀ͅp̶̵̡͑͌̋ͫ̍ͦ̅ͤ̃̈́ͮ͆̒̿̽̈̚͏̫̞̮̰̠̗̭͖̦̝̦͖̪ͅr̵̴̲̮͚̯͔̘̰̖̦̥̪͍̅ͪͨͫ̆̌ͩ̄̚̕̕e̛̛̻̟̯͙̣͚͙̼̝̘̓̿ͨ̚ş̴̭͙̩̜̱̜̯̬͎̯̥̼̝͍̈̾̅̃̿͠͠ͅͅe̜͖̤͙̬̺͔͉̗̯̻̝̳͇̳ͨͧ̓̋͌̇͊͛̉̚͡n̶̴͐ͪ̆͛̑ͬ̓̈́̔ͦͯ͏̞͈̣̹͇͈̳̱̱̰̱̲̯̟̕ͅt̢̏ͫ̈̆̅̾̓̑̃̓̐ͣ͆̓̍̚҉̫̭͖̹͈̼̳̳͇̭̝̘̯̞ͅi̿̽ͬ̒҉̡̛̦̫͓̗̳̘̝̻͉̦̞̞̻n̮̬̯̹̞͈̼͚̦ͥ͂̉͒̿ͩ̆͌ͩ́ͣͧ͒̍̄̓ͩ̋͟g̡͍͍̙̘͚̭͇͓̫̫͉̺̝ͥ̌̔̀ͣͬ́̋͊́͛ͥ̀̆̿̐͒ͯ̀ ͯͯͬ̑̑̎̂̀̔ͪ̎̋̉͏̠̣͔̜͇͙̼̝̙̤̮͎̩͎̥͟͞c̸͍̙̭͈̱̗͚͉̬̼̬̮̩͕̬ͧ̒̀̍̉̄̾̇̐̉͘͝͝h̡̭͙̤͇̞̬̰̙̖̗̞͖̝͒ͮ̃̈́̅̍ͮ́̏͋̿̑͛͡͞͠ą̮̲̣͙͔̻̠͈͉͉̞̻̦ͧͧ͐̑̆̂̽̊ͧ̐̒̎ͥ̀̕͟͞o̧̘̦̙̔͑ͪ͛ͨ̒̄̈͂͑͘s̷̵̢͔͈̳̞͕̩͕̐̒̍̊͢ͅ.̷̵̻̪͙̪̞̮̥̺̼͕͇͙ͫ̂̿ͮ͋ͥ̈́̓ͦ͒̃ͣ͊͌̆̎̃̍̐ͅͅ
̨͔̤̥̗͉̗̣̄͐̿͛ͯ̀͘I͊͊̆ͧ̒͊͜҉̯̗̰̠͉͉̲̱̯n̶̅̂ͤͭ͋̍̽ͯ͂͒́͏̫̼̳̭̠̤̹̳̱̪̺̤̜̞̖͈̳̖v͚̠̱̲̝̣̮͖̯̫͗ͣ̌̅͂̄ͨͬ̍͜͝͞ỏ̸͖̼͎̙̲̾͑̿̓̏̉̓ͤͩ̌̀̕ķ̵̭͓͔̥̲͕̤̫̭ͮ̄̓̔ͪ̇͒i̗͉͇̭͚̘̱̩̼̱͔͉͕̫̔ͭ̎̌̇ͣͯ̈̎̑ͪ͗̇͆͋̚͡͡n̢̡͙̘̙̖͓̫̱̯͉̦̞̗ͤ͂͂̄̎̉̆͐̃̿̒̂̔ğ͂ͦ͐͂͗̾̽ͣ͂ͤ͗ͬ͏̛͏̧̧̯̻̟̫̼̞͔̜͙̪̩̲̮̬̬͓̘̬ ̢͙̮̫͔͇̲̻̥̲̣͈̬̻̌͑͐̓͆̄ͨ̃͐̈̔̌̊̚͜͡ţ̴͖͎̖͙͙̣̣ͥ̿͋̆͛̅̀ͧ̚͟͡h̻͖̮̥̎̇͒̈̆̆͋̇̾͒͌́̎̀̚͢͜ȩ͚̳̠͕̱͍̺͒̐̍ͦ͑͑͜ ̸͇̼̱̲͉͔̖̘̫̟̳̎̒͒ͣ̓̓̋̀̂ͨ̓͗̓̄̄̓̿ͪ͜͟͝f̨̬̬͓͓͇̫̮͈̙̙ͭͨ̅̒̉̉̏ĕ̶̳̞̥͉̯̗̰̫̜̭̙̪̲̞͈̤̜͈͓ͨ̿̉̓ͪͮ͞ę̸̶̲̭̻̼̐̂ͪ̔͗̉ͭͥ̎̇ͪͨ̃̇̿̀̀ͅl͈̱̰̞̞͇̥̾̅̍̂̋́ͭ͗ͣ̿̈́ͬ̋̏̽͋̓̉̀̚̕ỉ̴̸̵ͦ̽͊ͮ̃̓͌ͦ͑̄̏͂ͭ̓̕҉̜̤̱̹̤͕͕̳̪ͅň̢̢̘̩̠͖̖̦͓̥͓͎̻̣̰̺̘͕̖͂̍̋ͨ͊̓ͣ͒̈̽̈́̀͊̀͘ͅg̛̟̰̭͖̣͔͚̖̙̟̻̬̫͎̘͒ͨ͆́̍̅̀ͮͣ̀̂̒̈́̄̏̂̀̚ ̡͇̼͇̭̺̰̝̙̝̗̼̜̭͚̍͛ͣ̾ͫ͢ͅo̸̯͍̞̜̯͉̣͉̣̜̯̪͍̖̥̦̻͍̿̔͒͂͞f̢̒͒̌̃ͦ͏̘͇̺̗̟̲̦̣͈̙̰̤̠̼̜̦͎̝̱ ̴̵̧̡̛̟̫̤̳̫̹̘̗͕̺ͬ̈́͊̽ͬͩć̷̡̛̦͍̠̺͇͙̤̩̬̹̬̋̃ͫͯ̄ͨ̄̏́̍̒͌ͥͣ͟ḧ̴̬̺͕̳̰͙̞́ͪ̔̌ͣͨ̂̐͑͐̓ͬͦ̅̄ͨ́̚͞͞͞ā̢̛̗̗͓̭̮̹̮ͥ̏̃͗̀ͩͤ̓ͮͨͯ͗́͟ȯ̹̹͓͚̪̩̲͓̤̗̗͇̣ͪ̽̒ͩͤ̒͜͝͠͡ͅs̴̡̪͎͉̲̤̭̩͕̮͙̥̅͑̉ͦ̔ͯͧ́͑ͯͯ͂̔́͌̈́̊̚.̵̷̗̘̫̮͓̹̯͖̻̝̎͌ͩ͐̐ͦ̍͐͒̽̚͟͜͢ͅͅ
̏͆͋̓̌̊ͪ̾ͬͩ̔̆͆́͑ͥ̚҉̵͖͉̰̭̬̱̯̭͇͈̝̭͈̟̹́͢W̢̧̜͕̦̙͓̩̟̪̖̖̑̍ͩͩ͡i̧̧̤̤͕͈̫̞͚͍̼̪̺͂̽̌̽̀̈́͛͒͗̈ͭ̆ͮ̾̉͆̓̇͠͡͠t̸̨̢̮̳̞͚̬͕͇͔͈͖͇͎̦͙̼͓̺̽̈ͤ̊̈̑̄̒ͬ́̋ͯͪ̀͐͝ͅͅḩ̴̥̺͈̙̾̿ͩ́ͭ̅̑͑ͦ̽̍͒ͨͅ ̡̨̫̝̟͔͚͈̫͙̹̜̭̼̘̻̞̼̙̠͊͛̉͐̈́̈́́̎̈́ͪ̊͛o̵̠̦̬͚̳͈͔̦̼͈̜̹̙̟͌ͦͨ̄́́u̲̝̰̖̘͓̳͍̮̼̬͍͖͈̓͊̅̔ͣ̔ͩ͑́̓ͪ͒̈̐̈́͑̕͟ͅt̸̴̸̠͍͎͕̭͙͈̰̜̲̭͔͕̽̑͐͆̌̚͡ ͌͐̍̑͌ͥ͊ͤͥͫ̓̇̀̓̔҉̶̯̮̰͙͙͉̤̙̰͘͜͜o̷͌̔̌̏̇̓̋̐̋̇̇͏̹̝̪̤̟̩̭͓̱̗̭̞̻̺̥̝r̵̢͓͎̣̖͍͇̞̘̻̿ͬ͗̈͆̐͌̊́̒̊̓̋͐ͦ͡͠d͈̺̩̞̯͖̟̦̗͔̻ͬͩ̅̎̓̈̏̂͐ͫ͞͡e̶͉͖͈͙̹̠̣̤͕̹̟̺͍̞̙̬͇͐ͥ́̏ͣ͌͆̀͜rͥ̊̾ͦͤ̃̽̂͜͏̷͞҉̹̮̟̹̻̝͕̰.ͪ̍́̄ͦͣͨ̈́ͥͪ͐ͣ̚҉̷͏̮̳͕͙̘͙̹̬̬̰
̸̢̛͙̰͙͚̺̩̞̭̟̟̠̓͐ͤͧ̈́̃̓̆̊̎͑ͧ͆̒̃̃͜͠T̘̹̼͈̘̞͎̜̱̦̪̱͈̰͓̰̔͌̈́̒̂̅̕͜͝͞ͅh̄̾ͨͯ̓̊̈̂͐̆҉̧̧͏͓̳̲̩̼̝̫̖̮̮̻̹͔̳̼ę̵͑̒ͦ́͂ͭ̈́ͦ́ͯ͊̈́̚͞҉̯̲̫͙̗͉̗̻̜͜ ͓͉̣͉̲͕͕͈͚̭̯ͦ́ͥ̉̿̍̔ͬ͋̆̔̽̅ͥ̔͜ͅN̍̋̆̅̋̍̑̏̓̿҉̥̭̘̖̹̟̣̜͚̰̀ͅe͋̒͒̊̃ͫ̋̿̃͒ͪ̂̽͛҉̵̧̜͉͉̗̟̘̮͉̗̜̙̱̝ͅͅz̽̓̅ͮ̍̅̽̈̔͒̎̚҉̨̣̜̙̩̪͍̰̙̟͇͚͈͎̙͔̰͍͙p̸̺̪͚̥̤̫̮͔͈͙̋̄̊ͥ̀͂͘͡é̵̴̘̩̩̰̩̩̼̦̖̰͚̜̬͂ͨ͋͆͒̑ͦ͝͠r̉ͮ̏̒̀̆̈̾̆ͩ̽ͫͪ̇҉̛̗̲̳͕͔̝͚ͅd͛͊͂͆̆ͦ̒̀҉͕̟̝͖̻͕̗̼̠̫͖̲͇̥͙͓̬̱̝͟͞i̷̍͌̊͐̄ͥͯ̆̊̇̏̔ͭ͋͊ͩ̇͒͏̤̪̘̼͕̗̙̙̤̗̙͕̗̜̩͇͔͉a̷̲̱̗̗̣̻͕̝̠͖̰͍͒͊̊̍̚̚͜n̢͎͍̜̞̣̹̪̱̲̼͎̞̲̰̮̺͊̒̀̾̎ͬ͂̀̂͐̑ͥ̌́͗̃̀̚̚̚͝ ̧͖͈͇͎̏̾͋̆ͦ̍̓̈́͊̄͂̍̃ͩ̚͢h̪͎̱̪̯̻̰̦̼̹͍̜̤́̐͋̍ͯͩ̄ͨ̅ͯͧ̚͢ȉ͓̗̼͇̰͍ͦ̎̓̌͑͆͛͑ͪ͆̓̍̇̿́ͅv̵̧̯͙̼̳̙̣̹̲̖̪̫̹͉͎͛͂͗͌͐ͧ̿͋̊͐̾̋͘͝e̳̜͙̣̦͎ͦ̿ͦ̒ͦ͝-̡̜̤̠͕͈͉̜̜̠̭̱͓̼ͬ̐ͨͩ͂̓̃̌͆̆̀̀͡m̧̻̞̯̘͓̭̜̰̫̲̲͍̬̫̈́͛̉͊̽̌̐̒̃͋͢i̡̽̅̾̄́͑̀́̍̒̉͆̚͝͝͠͏͖̠̮͉͕̹̯͉̣̦n̷̛͉̯͚͎̖̫̯̰͖̞͇̻̠͓̫͕͕̯̐́ͪͩ͑ͪ̓̔̓ͬ̂̌ͯͧ̑ͪ̌̽́̚͞d̤̘̞̘͕̥͖͙̎͑ͩ̾ͤ͢͢ͅ ̡͐̃̄̈́̅ͫͯ̾ͣ̌̃͛̆̐͛̎͝҉̨̝̞̰̗̟̪̬̟͕̳̕õ̸̸̮͓͕͕͉͖̹̓̅͒́͘͘͢f̡͕̺͎̮̹̙͚̞̼̝͇̫̐̌̽̄͞ͅ ̪͈̘̗̞͍̰͖͉̰̩̱͔̲̫ͣ͗̑͒ͭ̈́͡͝ͅc͂̋̔̐̇̾̓̎͊ͨͯ͠͏̲̱͍͓͔̟͈̕ͅh̵̩̪͓͚̯̩̼̮̜̍ͤͤ̿̒ͩ̄̊ͭ̾̆́͞ͅa̧̩̝͉̣͚̒͑̂̄̌̂ͦ́͆o͆̐ͬ͒̆̃ͧ̐ͦ̏ͭͯ̇͆͛͌͐̕͜͠͏͍͎̝̣̤̖̜͎̺̮̝͙̥͖sͤͨ̀̍̈͂̅ͥ̈́̓͏̡͏̢̹̱̰͈.̎ͧ̒ͩ̿͂́̄̾̆̿ͤ̐̆̂ͫ̊̕͡͏̤̼̤̜̫͈͍ ̡̝̦̜̩̳̼͔͉̞̦̙̠̘͉̗͈̱̦͒̾͆͐̂Z̢̬̗̦̙̮̟̝̪̄̒̋ͧ͑̃͐ͬͨ̈̑̇̒̀̕ͅa̡̢̼̼̦̣̞̟͚̙͖̟͖̺̤̲̰̖̟̍̑̈́̈ͫ͋̓̚̚ļ̶̛̯̙͖̤̦͒̓ͣ̚͡͠g̢̛͚̣̰̳̰͚͔̘͉̠̖ͨ̈́̅̍̃͛͆̓ͣ̔͊́̕ö̴̸̝̭̳͍͖̣̟̞͍̺͚͙͎̘͎̟́ͭ̊́̈̏́ͣ̈.̡̫͙̹̹̱͚̱͎ͯͬ͆ͯͧ͛̏̽ͥ͟͝
̸̴̢̢̯̖̫̟̟̦͍͖ͭͪ̊̔ͦͤͪ̃͞H̴̯̹̘̰̺̣͙̠͕͖͈͚̤̺̯̘͚͔ͧ̃̔ͣ̍̐ͬ͋͐͆̾̃ͫ̃͌ͪͭ̏̈́́͘͝ë͌ͤ̈̒̾̊̃͊̒͋ͣ̾̆ͬͨ̃ͪ҉̧̘͖͈͎͔͍̻̣͙̤̫̱ ̨̢̛̯̺̝̫̫̘̪̬̩͔̗̳͚̃ͤ͗̅ͭ̔̀̃̒ͤ̏̉̊ͯ̚̚͜w͕̥̗͖͓̭͖̣͖̯̅̍ͬ̑ͮ͌ͩ̐͘h̀ͯͤ̃̃̓̐̀ͩͦ͜҉̧̙̣̟̺͍̗̯̖̥o̸͖̞̙̪̖͍̫̻̘̤̳͇ͦͪ͆ͣ͌̐ͣͬ̍ͦ̾͐̚̕͠ͅ ̞̫͕͇̦̠̺̥̝̪͋ͯͨ͐̔͑̄͊̔̓̏ͭ͑̾̀͘͝͡ͅW̸͕̗̭̭͇͈̺̗̻̪̮̘̟ͣ̍ͭͣ̆̾͊̍̅̐͗ͤ̈́ͭ̇́̕͢͝ä̴́ͣ̾̈ͬ̀̆̄̿̅͐ͦ̒͗̂̈́̽̄͏̷͞҉̼͈͚̪̙̖͍̻̘̘͕̞ͅi̛̟̜͈̥̣̬͙͖̳̞͛ͥ̅͂ͣͧ͛ͩͬ̓͐ͮ̾̈́ͯ̕͜͝t̛ͤͤͩ͒ͮ̊ͮ҉̴̨̙̗̞̲̱͚͎̩̺ṡͮ̉ͫ̌ͭ̃͋ͮ̑̌͜҉̘̫̙̝̤͓͖͎̱̗͚͇̬͇̝͝ ̵̦̣̟͓̫͚̯̳̱̺̪̼̠̟̝͉̗̼͓̓ͨ̈́̿ͦͧͥͪ͂ͧ̋ͨ̓ͪ̿̊͆̃B̸̠̱̦͕͉̼̤͙̓ͤ̑͂͆̂̈͛̈ͪ̔͞ê̢̦̘̥͙̲̭͖̯̼̪̼͚̜̘̰͊̉ͫ̓̉͋͐͢͞͠ͅͅh̶͈̠̹̫̘͇̽̋͊͆̉́͆ͮ͢͢͢ͅi̶̛̭̣̤̞ͪ̓͑͋̓ͥ͐̽̃̉ͣ̾̂̉ͣ̆ͪ͜͝ͅn̵̵̰̞̬̪͐̎ͥͧ͊̑̄̀̿̓ͤ̈́̉͋͢d̔ͮ̏͑̓ͩ͗ͩͯ̔̎̃ͫͤͥ͋͜͏̫͖̳͉̦̯̲͕ ̴̺͎̺̼̳̫̮͍̣̣̤̞̤͈̭̖̲͈̼̓̅̎͆̍̌͐ͦ͐̀̉ͬ̂ͨ̀͜T̨̡̛̪̩̱͔̟̥̟̫͕̟͍̮͓̻̰̳͉ͬͨͬ̌ͦ̐͋̉ͮͪ́ͅh̶̞̞̠̹̪̳̖̺͗̂ͦ̽́̊̀̆̔̉͑̔̓ͧͩ͑̇ͬḛ̷͚̪̍̎ͧ̀̚͝ͅ ̸̶̡̛̥͚̟̘͍̜̗̝͍̘ͪ̔̃ͭ̆ͩ̆̊ͤ̃͆̈́Ẅ̷̠͍̳̩̲̮͙̝͙͎́̆̓̈́̓̉̌͂̿͂ͩͤͫ̋̚͟͟ͅą̛̤͙̭̪̝̜̥̘̻̗̼͙̳̜ͯ͗ͤ́͜͢l͐͊̾ͫ͒̈͆̅̑ͪ͛͛̐̔ͫ̇̋͜͠͏̹̲͈̖̺͍̫̜̩ļ̤̦͈̣̦̺͙̘́ͨͯ̍ͨ̌ͥ̒ͯͩ̽̿ͫ̉̚̚͜.̴ͩ̇̓̅͌ͦ̑͌ͨͫ̅͒̿ͥͣ͠͏̜̗̘̭̲̲̱̥̬̞̫̲̬̟̭̩͢
̶̷̛̰̤̣̫̳ͫͪͦ̓͂̍̓ͦ͆̉͜Z̷̛̖̯͚̙̳̰̤ͤ͋ͦ͌͐ͯ́ͪ͐͌̍͜Ả̊ͦ̽̄ͩ͋̓͗̅ͩ̆ͫ͊ͣͤ̆͢҉͡҉̗̲͉͔̞͔̤̭̩̙̯̞͓͎̱̟̩͘L̆̋̂̽̏ͨ̉̽ͬ̓҉̜̜͈̬̞̹̩̲͠G̸̢̹̠͕̩̱̥̥̏̇ͨ̎ͨͤͪ̎ͫ̔̑̅͝O̴̵̞͚͔̺͈̗̻̙̻̩͇̳̞͔̥̘̪͐ͣͣ͂ͭ͊̎̆ͬ͐ͤ̀̆̚͡!̸̼͇̰̫̰̖̤̙̥̱̗͔͇̫͚̙̻̣͖̇̄̌͐̀̇̿̈́́͟͟͞

16 Likes

A gold standard of customer service has been @haggyboard.timo I just wanted to shout him out. Now I’ll roast hyper.

23 Likes

I’ll share my story getting a battery from Hyperion. I ordered with him on June 4th and everything seemed fine, got a decent quote for a 12s4p 40t battery with a 2-3 week estimated lead. The months started to pass and I would check in every couple weeks after to very poor customer service. I finally got my battery after 4 months and it has cells that I didn’t ask for lol, it had sanyo c which is 3500 mAh compared to 4000mah. I am happy I have my pack and the work looks amazing. Unfortunately at this time I cannot reccomend anyone go with these peeps. They seem like good guys but they’re clearly overwhelmed with their day jobs and should take a break on the battery building for a while.

8 Likes

2 weeks in my life is nothing…

I would not publicly call out any vendor for not being in contactable within a reasonable ‘holiday’ period… I feel that is a dick move.

But good luck

3 Likes

And there it is ladies and gentlemen. THERE is the reason these companies think they can get away with this bullshit. Congrats, you’re enabling assholes

Why not? It’s been 3 weeks past the given estimate with no responses or updates.
That seems unreasonable to me.
Even a “Hey, on vacation til x date” on the profile would be nice. They know they’ve got orders. I’ll do whatever until other people money are in my hands. Then it’s communication till it’s done.

6 Likes

Amen father Vincent

2 Likes

That sucks. I’ve had nothing but good experiences with them… lots of communication. But I do have a friend or two that had some hiccups that were eventually fixed.
I feel like theres horror stories about every vendors.

3 Likes

They’re good guys, I genuinely think they’re in over their heads especially with their crazy day jobs

3 Likes

Cory is great. I really like the guy.

3 Likes

Yeah, I get the whole, go on vacation, forget to read emails etc. But put a note somewhere. Tell people before you go on the trip. People have lives, we get it. But when you put a fairly substantial downpayment of money on a product and are given a deadline, at least update people. It takes all of a minute to send a message out. Some people live in areas where they can only skate during certain times of the year. If I spent my entire summer waiting for a battery or something that was only supposed to take a few weeks I’d be livid.

4 Likes

I have had nothing but good experiences with @hyperion1. I have gotten 2 packs from him at very good prices and he really helped me with my first build a lot. I have never gone 24 hours without a response from him.

1 Like

You should ask him where Vince’s battery is

5 Likes

I don’t make assumptions about other people’s lives, when shit hits the fan in your day job or your life sometimes Esk8 has no option but take a back seat, all I’m saying is 2 weeks IS NOTHING