Combating foot fatigue

i was using gell insoles with my off-the-walls for a long time. It does help a lot.

3 Likes

I stole the idea from my grandma. Bandaids on the nipples also prevents nip chaffing.

6 Likes

As no one has complained about this before, I thought my feet were being little bitches.

I also find that riding more helps, after some time I can go longer and further without feeling pain. A bit like your body aches when lifting after a long time without exercise, if I just ignore the pain it actually passes.

6 Likes

This is good information for riding shirtless in the cold, like i usually do.

3 Likes

A big ride of 40km+ I still can’t feel my feet for a while unless I am doing pneumatics. I don’t get pain unless I hang my toes over the deck. Gels help but they are not magic bullet.

3 Likes

since the begining of time actually

jk lol

It’s a pretty big problem for first time PEV riders, ton’s of discussion in OW groups.

I had some a long time ago, thinking about getting these kinda:
http://www.concrete-visionary.com/
site won’t load for me rn :anger: :rage:

My steel toe ankle high work boots used to kill me on my board. Tall, awkward, no feel for the road…
Now that combined with 40km+ walking in them daily seems to actually make my commute the pleasure of the day.
Basically what everyone said above. Get the feel for the shoe/board combination, circulate blood and tough out the rest. Or get a car, dunno

2 Likes

I should try to click more on something other than sales threads, derail jail and pics only. :joy:

2 Likes

wait a minute did I just miss some sarcasm because I didn’t realize who I was quoting
:expressionless:

1 Like

I may or may not have understood the joke wrong, and I was just trying à funny answer which failed apparently.

3 Likes

I meant this part being sarcasm, but I’m guessing not now.

1 Like

I usually see people talking about hours long group ride and I was always thinking that my feet would be on fire after long rides like those.

2 Likes

I guess it would be pretty painful for your first board to have some crazy 50mi+ range…

Especially if you haven’t done board sports.

3 Likes

We used to skate everyday when I was younger but I don’t remember my feet hurting that much, a long time has passed tho.

3 Likes

you’re not so stuck in one place when regularly skating.

also… younger. <–

4 Likes

Let’s just take a moment and recognize what an awesome problem this is. We ride so long that our feet get tired…
…OK moment over, now get out there and ride some more, because that’s the biggest difference maker in my experience.

6 Likes

Seriously with electric i don’t have much problems, but on annalog my pushing feet ankle got super sore in few km (like tandonitis i guess), doesn’t seems to depwnd on my shoes though…
(And when i have to push my 25kg uncaricated electric, it’s even worse)

Same for me. Rear foot gets numb cause i put all the weight on it. Also calf muscle gets tense because of that. I delay that by putting the front half of the back foot beyond the edge of the board so my toes be free in the wind. Also it puts the weight on the heel and discharges the calf muscle.

1 Like

On straights where I can slow down a bit, I like to twirl my feet in a circle with the front of the shoe still maintaining contact, one foot at a time. But honestly, if I’m going fast, I’ll get to my destination before I even feel any fatigue.

1 Like

No one mentioned it yet, probably because you’re all young and fit :roll_eyes:, but in my mid forties, overweight, and spending way too much time sitting in front of a computer, I find some benefit in compression socks. That and insoles, and it avoids some numbness and leg fatigue.
There’s some pretty technical shit out there in terms of sports socks, reducing vibration, different levels of compression,… which I always assumed was bullshit or blown out of importance, but it does make a difference.

5 Likes