Combating foot fatigue

Same. I think it has to do with how we use our back feet. For me i’m mostly on the ball of my back foot only balancing on it harder when I accelerate, but its kind of a weird position to hold your foot in and my toes go numb.

3 Likes

They look puffier than a lipo right before exploding :crazy_face:

9 Likes

Those are just the marketing photos.

This is a real-world pair of used Globe Tilt.

The thin sole I think is what makes them good for skate. Total control

3 Likes

To update my statement.

On my hubmotor board i can wear soft and plushy shoes no problem which i do 99% of the time.

On my Pneummies i can’t. Maybe missing control due to the softness? But shouldn’t that be the same of the other one?

My experience commuting 32mi/51km round trip almost every day for a year and a half before covid:

• ride more gets better. ride less comes back.
  • shift feet around.
  • at lights I will step off the board and roll feet around.
  • balance a bit more of the thrust onto front foot by leaning forward a tad more, and not taking the brunt of thrust in the back foot.
  • carve when the opportunity presents itself feel the usage of the different parts of your feet. (not a lot during commutes. )
10 Likes

Gotta roll around on torta shoes :rofl:

2 Likes

Just chuck tailors but with gel inserts.

1 Like

i was using gell insoles with my off-the-walls for a long time. It does help a lot.

3 Likes

I stole the idea from my grandma. Bandaids on the nipples also prevents nip chaffing.

6 Likes

As no one has complained about this before, I thought my feet were being little bitches.

I also find that riding more helps, after some time I can go longer and further without feeling pain. A bit like your body aches when lifting after a long time without exercise, if I just ignore the pain it actually passes.

6 Likes

This is good information for riding shirtless in the cold, like i usually do.

3 Likes

A big ride of 40km+ I still can’t feel my feet for a while unless I am doing pneumatics. I don’t get pain unless I hang my toes over the deck. Gels help but they are not magic bullet.

3 Likes

since the begining of time actually

jk lol

It’s a pretty big problem for first time PEV riders, ton’s of discussion in OW groups.

I had some a long time ago, thinking about getting these kinda:
http://www.concrete-visionary.com/
site won’t load for me rn :anger: :rage:

My steel toe ankle high work boots used to kill me on my board. Tall, awkward, no feel for the road…
Now that combined with 40km+ walking in them daily seems to actually make my commute the pleasure of the day.
Basically what everyone said above. Get the feel for the shoe/board combination, circulate blood and tough out the rest. Or get a car, dunno

2 Likes

I should try to click more on something other than sales threads, derail jail and pics only. :joy:

2 Likes

wait a minute did I just miss some sarcasm because I didn’t realize who I was quoting
:expressionless:

1 Like

I may or may not have understood the joke wrong, and I was just trying à funny answer which failed apparently.

3 Likes

I meant this part being sarcasm, but I’m guessing not now.

1 Like

I usually see people talking about hours long group ride and I was always thinking that my feet would be on fire after long rides like those.

2 Likes

I guess it would be pretty painful for your first board to have some crazy 50mi+ range…

Especially if you haven’t done board sports.

3 Likes