CNC footstops for sell

Not trying to block moon, it just people don’t have too much options with gear drive. XD

9 Likes

that’s a thicc gear box, max shaft length? also which hanger they fit?

4 Likes

currently I’m using 8mm bore 35mm length shaft motor. Only have mbs matrix 2 clamp at this moment. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wonder how many gears fit in that thing.

3 Likes

gearing are 12/59, 20mm widths helical gear, with angular contact bearing & big bearing with rubber cap for sealant.

1 Like

What material are the gears made of?

it come with a new design, I call it " 4 gears system " motor gear & wheel gear are made out steel (but realized wheel gear too heavy, will swap to pom after)
rest gears are made out POM.

will post it after, with detail. haha

1 Like

Before I start going off topic, really interesting, how heavy are we talking with the steel gears? Maybe steel gears will make @b264 use pneumatics.

I love the name hopefully Ugiroux didn’t trademark it, not that it matters much anyways😆

1 Like

So there’s extra reduction in the box?

2 Likes

Lol, can’t remember…it like 1kg per wheel gear, because it are solid steel gear. :sweat_smile:

it more like increase the durability and don’t lose the efficiency.
mmexport1609259397078

14 Likes

Very interesting design. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone use a dual idler gear system before.

Maybe just because of the size :sweat_smile:

I guess the user would only need to adjust the motor gear backlash and the other gears are fixed in place?

4 Likes

Looks great! The gears have module 1.5?

2 Likes

I’ll be damned! The 4GD. Just as the prophet foretold! :star_struck:

I can imagine that this would give much better clearance on thane if it only needs a small wheel pulley.

Is it possible that this design doesn’t lose efficiency though?

4 Likes

[quote=“BornBoneless, post:52, topic:49046”]
I guess the user would only need to adjust the motor gear backlash and the other gears are fixed in place?
[/quote] yep, brother.

1 Like

nearly, gear ration are 59/12

2 Likes

compare to the traditional “two gear” gear drive, energy consumption will slightly increasing.
however unlike two stage gear drive, mine one got a addition gear to help increase efficiency.

The purpose for this set gear drive is “durable as FK”, I saw too many people snap their gears :sweat_smile:. This gear drive increased gear contact, reduced the horizontal movement(angular contact bearing & another big bearing to secure the wheel gear).

It should last a lot longer than usual and handle more torque.

2 Likes

straight / helical? all steel gear? what’s the weight for a single unit? ground clearance for…let’s say 125+mm?

sorry, we (mainly just me) have too many question, maybe its time for a new thread just for this gear drive :joy: whenever u r ready for it

20mm helical gear, brother. currently prototype, wheel gear & motor gear are made out steel. another two small gear are made out POM.

will using POM wheel gear later…see how it go. need more test.

2 Likes

Here the ground clearances.

10 Likes