Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

msg them directly and see what kind of bulk discounts they can offer

Yea I have a quote, but I want to be able to stock them as the cheapest vendor (as I usually try to :P) but I don’t know what the aliexpress ones ACTUALLY cost (Do they declare low value so there is no import? Is shipping super expensive? etc)

1 Like

I also would love a set of the purple without the slick price tag.

@nomadic_myke I can’t sell purple because SR has some kind of copyright/hold over them :frowning:

1 Like

Just the purple colour, thats the most specific copyright I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

The purple and the orange ones they have, I might be able to snag say Grey urethane and purple core or something

2 Likes

Sorry to hear it, I thought SR was mostly out of the skate market since they were making such good money manufacturing gun bodies.

1 Like

Target red, Tiffany blue, UPS brown, Tmobile Magenta, Barbie pink, Caterpillar yellow… There’s a lot more I can’t think of.

2 Likes

Fair enough, but their is no OEM blue target and I feel like its wasted effort.

1 Like

AliExpress price is 85€ + 40€shipping

3 Likes

I have been dreaming about a board that requires a purple set of Foamies since I first saw them.

@KfromtheBay: Hold my Beer!

6 Likes

Aite so, these things gotta be the most dead-ass feeling urethane wheels ever. These feel closer to over inflated pneumatics than any solid thane wheels I’ve ever rode (not including the new TB110s because I only rode those around a parking lot). It’s pulling at least 10% more power than 107s and feels even slower. It shrugs off road debris and cracks at the expensive that it does not feel lively at all.

Grip on perfect pavement is average, nothing to rave about, but it definitely grips better at speed on shitty pavement and dirt better than 107s and most other wheels, I think mostly due to that it conforms so much better to crappy roads instead of bouncing over them.

Going to give it more time on them but gear my board down significantly because it lost so much acceleration with these things. I do like them though, I plowed over bad road sections that I normally am mindful of.

5 Likes

another “pro” to the cloud wheels bumpy finish and small contact patch is that it barley sprays any water when the streets are damp/mildly wet. Normally my regular wheels would get shit all over me, but I was surprised at how little spray there was :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didn’t think about that, did it feel like the small CP might make it any more slippy though? I don’t think a good rain wheel exists yet that isn’t pnumatic :thinking:

I have had a mine a couple months now. Riding is somewhat limited in winter time.
I geared way down. Running 12/40t on 190kv 6374s on 10s.

I really really really like the wheels.

It is a different vibe than Abec 107s. But definitely grippier and smoother going over cracks.

They make me feel really confident riding on roads that may have left over salt and cinders and moist patches. So really good for winter.

I had the TB tires on this board and it killed the 10s6p range to 13 miles…

I’m back to 17-18 good miles.

7 Likes

I thought it was just my fata$$…guess it’s yours as well :joy::rofl::joy:. I thought my 10s6p would be enough for those AT wheels. Boy was I wrong.

I’m full on dad bodding at 230lbs… So pretty hard on these esk8s…

5 Likes

What color is that called? It’s not the 83a one right?

1 Like

Meeee too

2 Likes

It is the translucent gray. 78 a. The odd thing is that if you squeeze them by hand they seem kind of hard… but put them down and they feel soft.https://smile.amazon.com/IWONDER-Electric-Skateboard-Translucent-Longboard/dp/B07X28K48Z

1 Like