Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

Oh see. You also have the opportunity to drop some cash on those beautiful 3d servisas pulleys… Which I wish they would freaking ship already…

5 Likes

I was to be @DEEIF ‘s weight. He got insane range riding my 12s3p build. I’m way too fat for 3p

2 Likes

Are the cloud wheels lighter than than the 100mm+ wheels?

3 Likes

Hehe…, 18miles and only used 25 percent :grimacing::grin:

4 Likes

almost same weight as 107s. lighter than 110s

2 Likes

check out the adapter that does both at the same time - genius masterstroke.

2 Likes

So, an unfortunate development with my Foamies. I’ve been having weird intermittent stutters on my right rear wheel. After eliminating all possibilities at the wheel (belt too tight, wheel hitting belt, etc…), I’m thinking vesc issue. Turns out the foam core has shifted inside the wheel.

I’ll add photos/video later.

Edit: This is inaccurate as later discovered. DOH!

13 Likes

Damn, i just literally two hours ago bought a set

2 Likes

I think more of a freak occurrence, so I wouldn’t worry. I plan to buy again. These get ridden hard by faster guys, and I haven’t heard of this happening before. I got these locally slightly used, so no recourse for a return.

2 Likes

Ah thanks! How is the grip on these btw? I assume since they are raised in the center they need to wear a bit before you get some grip?

1 Like

I got them with I believe 50km on them, so never had them virgin. Never had any issues with grip and found them to be a great wheel. You’ll be pleased.

you get WORSE range with the TB wheels?? (blue or black?)
I read that these slightly decrease the range (due to the soft foam core), but this is the first I heard of a regular thane wheel having worse range :o

I assumed he meant the TB 160mm.

4 Likes

Yeah. We were talking the TB 160mm AT wheels that basically cuts our range in half with our dad bods on it.

3 Likes

ohh!
yeah that makes more sense

1 Like

Yep. TB pneumatics

2 Likes

SO, here’s the issue:

You can see the section where the foam core was pushed off kilter in the top photo.

Worse part? I think I caused it with my ill-fitting pulleys (had to eat some shit on this earlier in this thread). I think the slop in my pulley twisted the core. So unless you’re a moron like me, the wheels will serve you well.

Five minutes and a few pieces of shrink and I’d still have good wheels. Fuck.

Edit: I had to choke back vomit as I put the 107s back on just now. I despair.

11 Likes

@Jun

Do you want me to take this discussion out of your review thread and give it a new home?

1 Like

I think this belongs in here, because the cores on the foamies do not fit properly, there is play with a lot of pulleys. I think anyone looking for a review should know that they may need extra work to make these wheels work well.

2 Likes

Hey Bill, no worries man :+1:
Just keep it here, easier for those who wanna have a single thread to read thru for Cloudwheels too :wink:

3 Likes