Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

just slap your abec pulleys on your secondary board and get some juicy tb’s :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Abec core needs to euthanized asap :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

This black one was customized by a customer from a very early stage. There is no logo, the wheels are not transparent, and there are bubbles inside, but the hardness is 83A ~

2 Likes

hey there @Hide , yes I learned about the hardness differences a few months ago. It seems to be working great so far for me. I’ve inspected for cracks and have found none.

2 Likes

Thick spokes it is difficult to adapt to most brands,so we choose the fine spoke before.

3 Likes

I swapped out my cloud wheels for abec 107’s today and here’s my thoughts on them:

4 Likes

Did you buy the Alina a foamies or originals?

Should you not get/bother with cloud wheels if you have a vanguard deck?

1 Like

you should get tb110 instead.

1 Like

oooo any reason why? does the flexy deck just take away any advantage the cloudwheels have

1 Like

The cloud wheels will not last you nearly as long or give as quality of a ride on smooth surfaces (the ideal surface for skating)

1 Like

Oh, is there no real reason related to the deck?

I thought you opted for cloudhweels because of cracked surfaces/debris on the road though. in terms of commute, i have to pick my roads carefully to not hit the shitty roads, i’m stepping up from the basic backfire g2 100mm wheels and i’m wondering if i’ll get the same freedom picking shitty roads between the cloudwheels and the tb110s/abec107s.

1 Like

I love both sets of my 110s, but there is no question that the Clouds are better on shitty roads.

6 Likes

Was only pointing out that reviewing the ride quality of a set of wheels is pretty useless when you’re feet are on a deck that absorbs a ton of those vibrations. There’s a noticeable feel difference, but it’s hardly the ideal deck to be evaluating it from.

Make sure you have hangers wide enough to clear 110+ wheels in the vanguard or the right risers. Thats a top mounted deck that will start to feel tall with big wheels IMO. The TB110s are a better option unless you want to do some grass riding. The Kegel pulley is better as well. Look at @boardnamics for pulleys for these wheels in the us. The cloud wheels also suffered some hub features so their safety/reliability isn’t great right now

1 Like

Yeah gonna have to agree with Bill here, even though the 110’s are great, they don’t compare to the clouds on bad roads.

Even with the vanguard, I have ridden a vanguard with the clouds and it felt great to me. You’d get a lot more bouncing with the 110’s on a bad road than the clouds

2 Likes

Hey, where did you get those top x-plates that your truck bolts go through? They look great

1 Like

Look for “X-Things” in the search box…sadly @akhlut might not be making them at the moment…if you go to his shop link, I remembered it links to some carbon fiber one that’s is made by someone else here.

Nevermind. Just looked, no CF ones

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088TW3612

2 Likes

I am still planning on battle hardening these wheels, I wonder if I should use something like BN’s interchangeable pulleys or stick with my enertion style plastic pulley idea.

1 Like

:joy: :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

Welcome back. Where have you been hide-ing?

4 Likes