Cloud Wheels/Clone SR Foamies Review

Unless you power your skateboard with water, you need not worry.

7 Likes

I have some SR rough stuff on my board. I suppose it’s the same factory that made them, do you think they could break like the cloudwheels even though they don’t have the foam core?

It’s probably the same core, but the wheel is smaller and solid urethane. If my theory is correct, it should technically be much better supported than the 120s

1 Like

Yeh that’s what I thought but I’ll check them closely
Thanks

Just to clarify ABEC11 genuine cores as all US made professional Wheel cores are made from TPUs (Thermoplastic Urethane) not Nylon as mentioned in this thread!

6 Likes

Also PC can stress crack due to exposure to oil or grease (such as the oil inside your bearings). Another reason why it’s a bad material choice for a wheel hub!
TPUs are used because they bond really well to urethane and are elastic and not brittle which makes for a better shock absorbing hub that is not brittle.

5 Likes

Hi Ilan-

Good to see you here. I bumped your account level so you can post and message at will.

Welcome!

3 Likes

I’ve seen this thread or maybe the other one reposted on reddit and probably two groups on fb.

Not sure if I’m spending too much time on esk8 groups or other people are spending too much time discussing cloud wheel cores. :man_shrugging:t4:

It’s all becoming a blur…

1 Like

Yeah, given the possibility of injury, I chucked the other thread up on Reddit the other day.

2 Likes

Putting my AT Setup back on for my Ownboard bamboo for now. Now I need to find a thane replacement setup for this as I still want the range.

this reply makes no sense, in the lifespan of 1 set of tb110 wheels you will wear down atleast 10 sets of cloudwheels :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeah but the core crack then you ask for a new set and it’s like a lifetime supply of new wheels.

2 Likes

thats only assuming that between all those cores your skull doesnt crack before you get a replacement :joy:

3 Likes

Inspect frequently, replace before the crack gets big :joy:

2 Likes

or maybe just rotate 2 sets of wheels infinitely - allways have a replacement on delivery while you ride

were on to something here :innocent:

2 Likes

Why did you think I ordered another set :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

@torqueboards

i want cracked cores - oh wait one set of your wheels are allready

3 Likes

If tb ever make then in abec core I’d be on them so fast… But then again I did just spot weld a razor blade to my finger so I may not have the best ideas. For science.

4 Likes

just slap your abec pulleys on your secondary board and get some juicy tb’s :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Abec core needs to euthanized asap :face_with_monocle:

1 Like