Clandestino I | Landyachtz Evo 40 (Hydro dipped) | Helical Gear Drive | Kahua Trucks | MK IV VESCs

DUUUUDE NOOOOO WHY DID U DRILL HOLES!?!?

You should have looked for P clips!!!

Its still a nice build though, love the hydrodip.

2 Likes

Right, that would have even saved me half a cup of blood or so :crazy_face:, thanks man!

1 Like

Yah glad i could help :rofl: nah man great first build!

1 Like

Freaking sweet dude. Are you a Manu Chao fan?

1 Like

I like Manu Chao, yes. The name Clandestino, however, refers even more to my clandestine riding style that I am obliged to practise whenever I step on my visually not-so-clandestine board in a country (Germany) where esk8 is illegal. It is characterized by a raised awareness of your surroundings and a constant look over your shoulders; in short, in means clandestine riding like a thief.

3 Likes

What a colorful build! Very well done. Also, I didnt know Etoxx’s gear drive fit the Kahuas. Did you have to do any modification to fit? Or do they all click into place.

3 Likes

Thanks, Linny, means a lot that you like the build. It is the first time that @NoWind fitted his mini gear drive to the Kahuas, I think, and he was quite excited about this new project himself. Jens did all the work on that so I guess you would have to ask him directly about the details, since I got it kind of ready made.

4 Likes

NIIIIICE
Happy to see this project here, comes out very well !

Its a modified MBS Geardrive with custom Hubadapters.
Can be made on request, no problem.

3 Likes

Let there be light!

To illuminate my life and a world of darkness the baby finally got lights too! Thus, after being pregnant for a little more than 9 months, Clandestino I is now up and running through the city’s jungle and ready for adventures day and night and in the twilight zones!

Specifications

• Top speed: 40-45 km/h

• Range: 20-30 km (~ 20-25 Wh/km)

• Weight: 14.5 kg

2 Likes

Are lights Vesc controlled or physical buttons?

1 Like

Physical buttons (Shred lights). I don’t know how to connect them to the Vescs?

1 Like

There are different ways, but probably the most advance one is with TelTail Lights (TTL) - Interactive eSkate Lighting System

2 Likes

Cool suggestion. Thanks. I may look into that too.

1 Like

I did not expect to get unlucky that fast: police just confiscated this board. Fuck!!!

How did this happen? Are you based in a location where it is completely illegal? I mean, you even had lights…

1 Like

Illegal in Germany, yes. And probably also fell into the hands of 2 police officers that had nothing else to do plus a bad day.

Aw man. This makes it way easier to piece together… Your board doesn’t scream “stealth”. :frowning: Sucks. You should try looking for German people on this forum who managed to get their boards back. I think one of them is @nadir35 and others should be found by the search.

1 Like

Damn, sorry to hear that. Thanks for the reminder that it can happen at any time. The legalization of scooters has definitely hurt us by clearly defining what is legal and what is not, while drawing attention to PEVs. I hope you get your board back at minimal cost.

Makes me more interested in this stealth kit:

1 Like

Thanks man. Will keep you updated. For under the radar kind of thing JayKay is the way to go. However, not the same as gear drive that gives you crazy acceleration instantaneously.

1 Like

Totally agree, and I’m right there with you in standing out in the crowd for the sake of riding what I want to ride. I’ve just been fortunate so far…

3 Likes