City Blade is omnipresent.

on the focbox is GND, Signal, and 5v.

throttle from the receiver goes to signal on the second focbox.

1 Like

maybe not on this one bc its from a 4WD which runs 2 receivers. One receiver for every dual esc, one spins the wheels forwards, and the other one spins the wheels backwards. Maybe that makes any sense :man_shrugging:
@b264 Brian, I need your thoughts here.
I know its not the mini remote and you all think the reseiver is kinda weird, but its awesome imo. Let me put some things together and pls correct me if i am wrong:

1. The remote/receiver is from an chinese esc Not a VESC, so it must be PPM/PWM connection, right? :sunglasses:
  2. This is a 4wd reciever, which controls two dual esc at the same time, one spins the wheels forwards and the other one backwards.
  3. The 42V port is for battery index on the remote when hooked up on +phase wire of the vesc, right? :sunglasses:
  4. Grnd,5V and SIGNAl(throttle) are in a row on the receiver chip but there is this reverse port beneath the throttle port.
    … mhhh :thinking: where should that go for future 4wd setups? :joy: :joy: :joy:

On 2 things I need to hear your @b264 suggestion or idea.
What the fuck am I doing here?
And why the fuck do I want your stupid statements?
Welcome to my first thread which Damon just opened up for me :see_no_evil: :handshake:
Pls dont tell @kook, bc he is busy 3linking trucks from the blinking california.

2 Likes

…so I hooked that shit up and put the second sgn wire from the other foc box into the receiver as well…Some ppl recomend to do the same for the grd wire.
mhhh, should I do it, too? Some ppl use single ppm/pwm on one foc box and add canbus for communication in between them boxes. Which method is the most reliable, dudes?

2 Likes

Soldered an mt60 on one of my test motors today, and also soldered both signal cables to the plug on the reciever. I think I have done that right. :grinning:
Ordered some missing cables and plugs and things today to get started hopefully this week.
wish me luck, doods

1 Like

+phase wire of the vesc, right?

NO… off the + battery lead

Grnd,5V and SIGNAl

YES

just hook it up and take a look 5v is ALWAYs in the middle…

forget about everything else, just hook it up and off to the wonderful world of the VESC t00l…

you can fuck with all that other crap later…

and you can always use the VESC tool to spin a motor clockwise or counter-clockwise… don’t get trapped in all the minutia…

and 2… we have no idea about your stUUpid remote, your battery indicator, or reverse…
or your chineseium ESC
you can set up reverse, or smart-reverse in VESC tUUl

2 Likes

Thank you, that will get my ass started.
I will be ready this week with everything to start VESC TOOL.
Waiting for some plugs and cables i ordered today that will maybe arrive tomorrow. Hopefully not all of my stupid usb cables are just for charging phones only. Im sure i have lots of the in the drawas :no_mouth:

Yeah totally this, you are right. Always tap in that trap while struggling on ordering new parts. I got much spare from a system I like and I just want it similar the way the receivers work.
This could be “die grösste Eselei” but when it works, it works :slightly_smiling_face: that would be really cool

1 Like

It’ll work…

plug in the fukking BoxOfFoc and check your USB cables…

if you soldered up the receiver you can even go into the tool and configure your remote…
we don’t even know if it will werk… it may only get 1/2 scale or some such nonsense…

just get the 5v pin correct and isolated, the rest won’t kill anything if you fuked up the wiring… but I don’t think you did…

1 Like

Yeah that sounds pretty good to me.
I will just throw it together and blow them shitty foc boxes hahahahaha
on the bench, not in the streets hahahhaaha
I got a plan :sunglasses:

I would not take that for granted, but it probably might be

No, B+

That’s probably a proprietary part of the system that won’t work with other hardware. You can inspect the pin on an oscilloscope and see what’s there if you want to try to use it.

1 Like

Okey dokey, thank you for taking care about me on this hahaha

Ok then, no reverse, no problem bc vesc tool. :slightly_smiling_face:
IF this shit is useable with foc box :man_juggling: :see_no_evil:
If not I will order my 101th remote for electric skateboard :thinking: :lying_face: :sneezing_face: :mask: :boom: :clinking_glasses: :roller_coaster:

buy once
buy a puck (or OSRR)
and a bunch of receivers

or keep buying 105 more remotes saving you exactly how much?

1 Like

No, didnt bought them bc they were cheap, bought them bc I ride all my boards the same “cheap chinese” system. Its like the Ivory board 4wd.Very powerful, I love it. I got 5 running 2wd moduls like “Mellow drive” which are mounted in 2 boards 4WD setup and 1 dual FWD setup- all in perfect condition,in the streets every day.
I also have some burned spare esc from that “brand” with receivers on them :mask: on top of my pile of remotes. :joy:
Dont get me wrong, this would be the best solution for me to get these filthy little things running :grinning: :upside_down_face:

Ordered plugs and things and stuff 8 days ago and received an email today, that the goods are now leaving the stock.
8 days? :thinking:
God bless I can go skateboarding in the meanwhile :joy:

here we go…
Not that successful and mighty Lord @longhairedboy should be right again, bc he saw in my future that this reciever will not bind with any of my remotes :partying_face: :partying_face:
but…I soldered my first loop key ever :partying_face: and an mt60 to a spare Motor and took a piece of trash truck to hook this shit up and go finally over for a first test in VESC TOOOOOOL, yihaahahah :space_invader: :space_invader: :space_invader:
All went perfect so far even when I need a bit more practice in soldering, but c`mon, now I have a 3rd hand, though :smile:

Motor detection in foc and everything I can say so far was without any problems, after updating the firmware on these foc boxes.
Now I want to order the vx1 and meanwhile I will get a second mt60 on another spare motor, and build my second pair of custom motor mounts for the drive train. The first ones holding up pretty well :smiley:
I want to ride these motors on ronin trucks which is not possible without erasing to much of the hanger aluminium, but I know that dude and we talked about that and he has a solution, an awesome solution! :sunglasses: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
I will report about it when the time has come :handshake:

2 Likes

Well,bc I have so much followers (millions) and I dont want you all leave back in time, waiting for new inspiration and innovation from the house of magic and eskate eternity, I decided to do a quick update on weirdness framed hub motor murder lightning killer board. :sunglasses:
…What happened?
Ripped off the sensor cables from 2 faulty motors and mounted them on “spare bench hangers” for testing and they passed quality CHeck in CHINA, VIETNAM and KONGO (will add stickers for information and support soon) so I hope everything will go well :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
I also changed my plans about the deck choice…for now I will go with the Madrid Anvil which is a pretty piece of wood and I like the shape a lot from just watching, which means nothing more then its interesting at first. Love the tail, so I can pop up the curbs like i use to do :grinning: :upside_down_face:
Before millions of you asking yourself about asking yourself, the answer is: FWD. :wink:
Hack sawed some alu grip inc. motor mounts from spare alu parts like i did in the past on Barbie V2 4wd mod…these mounts hold up a lot better then them stock tiny girly ones and it was a hard and long road out of this motor mount hell. Next big strong enemy is 8mm axle! These tiny axles for eskate are def to weak. Im not an expert, but i would really go double the size 16 or 20, but thats just me :face_with_hand_over_mouth: I know, I know there are 10 or 12mm axles out there in mtb but mtb is mtb and mtb is mtb. So, no need for an mtb right now :joy: :joy: :joy: :man_shrugging:
nevertheless nevermind bettergrind!
Another step forward is that I managed the cables into some spare battery enclosures of my Onan drives, with a good position for the loop key.
3 of this and my enclosure is done :sunglasses: almost :upside_down_face:
This route offers me a 10s4p configuration with battery packs I have around.
This would be 610wh with my strongest Sanyo 20700 battery packs. 320wh Samsung 20p which are stock in the chinese board I love so much.
So far, so goooood :smiley:
Meanwhile preparing a mold for GF enclosure tests in the new future. Each material needed still waiting for getting used the right way.
Will prepare a piece of aluminium as heatsink for them fboxes and will order my Hornbach Enclosure Deluxe Edition like you all may have seen on some of my screenshotz of “the earwig” which is another board in my mind.
Not fancy? No? :man_shrugging: Really not? LNF-LVI
JKJK
Photos stillllll loadiiiiiiiing…

3 Likes

Here you can see the custom mounts in comparsion to the stock pipi mounts these motors came with. I had to erase some heavy metal on the motor shaft, too…ho ho ho
Merry Christmas everybody

3 Likes

here you can see the steel ring for armageddon hardening and saturn cooperating the motors…not that big shiny motor mount, that one is just on the bench, just the small line around outer circle of the can :wink:

EDIT: I added the steel ring in between the original parts. This way the motor fits much better on the shaft and the big bearing offered a bit spare space to try out…tested this out for about a year I would say, maybe a bit less and this really got me out of standard hub motor trouble. Like @mutantbass already knows :upside_down_face: :grinning: :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

PLACEHOLDER

5 Likes

Thanky stanky on the run, I got lotz of war done and passing the line of perception by going insane day and night about building electric Skateboards, so watch me fail, watch me grow…leaders never follow
…the labyrinth in my head lead me to make some changes of things I wanted to do, now there is just another try out, which feels good at first and the maiden voyage isnt that far away anymore :smiley:
The first picture shows the almost complete board, still much little things to do…I used a spare Onan frame for my rear truck and for holding the battery pack. Just almost what it was meant to be but it isnt same.
What i like about that frame is, that its very solid, but there is also a downside
bc of the small amount of space within the frame for electronics. This part is another story and I will try out to figure out a good arrangement with some mini focs or something, but not here.

Foam core :rofl:

will add more neutral silicone here and there in Delaware and try to figure out some wire designs for adding another modular battery pack in between…lotz of fun, need moar plugs and bolts and streets and bones.

be sure you can carry your gun in the sun underneath your feet.
This is spare space atm, what means that the space with the gun is not used in any kind.

1 Like

Welcome everybody to my laboratory of doom again.
Some real cool stuff happened today-nothing! :kissing_smiling_eyes: :lying_face: Couldnt go skateboarding so I left some of my fingerprints on some material lying around…

…so I did spent some time on preparing a block of foam for GF enclosure manipulation of civilization. Did all that by hand without any machines and it was lotz of fun so far.
Did also some steps on the heat sink.

This enclosure will fit round about 70x21700 cells in dual configuration.
4Wd a bit less :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Here you can see some more motor mounts to finish and the raw heatsink.

Next step will be the GF part itself.
Just thinking about to get some separations between the battery packs for a bit flexibility…letz have a look…

7 Likes