City Blade is omnipresent.

Damooooooon, I need your help on this, too.
I know its been a while since your post, but…
…must switch to phone and edit…loading…

I have this reciever. Pulled it off a chinese esc. Would love to use this thing bc i have very much spare of them…

plugged that way up over PWM…

…is that right?
Will it work?
What about the other 2 pins on that reciever. Do they matter?

1 Like

use PWM. The only thing I’ve ever gotten a VX1 or VX2 to work with over UART is a unity.

2 Likes

I got NO VX1 hahhahaha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

what the shit is this thing? Ok your pins look right. But will anything bind with it?

you definitely don’t want to plug that 12v pin into anything. who the hell knows what could happen. and the REV pin looks like some proprietary bullshit for the other ESC.

1 Like

hahahahah…

i told you :joy: :see_no_evil:

Ah thats a good sign, and YES it will bind with my remotes flying around my living room :joy: Thist should be diY in the end hahaha

Yeah you are not wrong on that, but I had to dremel them suckers from the esc, and they are not cleaned up just yet- dont worry Im not that big idiot.
Wanna solder a plug or something if you can tell me if it would work or not.
Wouldnt use it the way it is on the pictures, did it just that you can see the designations onto the chip.
But which 12V pin do you mean? Its labeled 42 Volts :smiley:

1 Like

This is me being an ass. I have to stay in character.

sorry, couldn’t see it that great i guess the image was slow to load. That must be for the battery indicator on the remote.

if you chop the pins down you should be able to just use you PWM lead like you have it, then hot glue it on and cover up the unneeded pins if any are left.

2 Likes

Lmao, yes you are sometimes but I can be like that, too hahahha
no worries,bro :handshake: You cant know how much I already learned in here, hangin around day in day out for about two years now reading my mind blurry. But theres so much left to learn.

I am sorry for the bad picture quality and them sucked up unprofessional pins left raw while taking the picture :see_no_evil:

OHHH Yes…thats what I was looking for, for about a long time now. :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: Hopefully it will work. Maybe I can solder them obsolete pins off if not needed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
What do I have to do when going foc box dual over CAN BUS ?
Do I need an PWM splitter ?

can bus take more time, wire, and set up than split PWM. All you have to do to get split PWM to work is take one wire, preferably a white one, and send it from the receiver to the other ESC’s signal pin. So one ESC gets all three, and the other gets only the white wire to the signal pin.

2 Likes

Split ppm / pwm is still the only way I really know how to set up a vesc… My neoboxes were put together with Can because of lucky guessing and @pookybear :joy:

I swear I could have figured canbus out on the old vesc tool… The new one is so :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Does this make a second connection like can bus between the foc boxes obsolete?

1 Like

Yes, but you lose the ability to have traction control

2 Likes

ahh ok, thank you.
Can I go PWM and can bus at the same time to get back traction control?

2 Likes

I think this is possible, but you might as well send the throttle input across since you’re taking the same risk by just using canbus :thinking:

1 Like

ok then you can help me hahahaha

1 Like

agreed. zero point in doing both, one of the signals will get ignored.

1 Like

I can try but I don’t know a single thing about the remote :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

But just that tiny little white signal cable confuses me a bit.
just from the plug of the receiver 2 “white” signal cables ?

I will find out. :joy: :joy: :joy:
If it works it works, if not then plug and play is always the last option :smiley:

1 Like

I don’t know why they have a Rev and Thr on the board… Are throttle and reverse not part of the same signals??

Anyways… If you’re ok with just throttle and no reverse, you should power it up in vesc tool and give it a try. The wiring looks fine :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

OHHH YESSS thats filling me with lots of hope.
Will hook up a test drive train I look which parts i still miss :joy: :joy: :joy:
I tell you, I am not the fastest one with what I am doing :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:
Im pretty much happy you guys help me out on that Citybladerawmetalremoteunicornintheend.
I will surly try first with one foc box and one motor to see if the remote works.