Chubby - the best thumb mod of the mini remote, 02.07.20 - files and instruction added

Thanks, now it’s clearer.
I imagine there’s a learning curve with this one…

1 Like

Machining is possible imo, the curves are clean.
What were you thinking in terms of pot upgrade?

2 Likes

Something high-end, OSSR uses this for example. It costs between $70-80 so its not for everybody

5 Likes

Looking good
Can you link it?

The one I’m using is already big step from the original mini, much smoother

5 Likes

I dont think they are sold publicly and @DerelictRobot pulled a few strings to get them. Maybe wait for his input

Thats nice, mini remote sucks to use

2 Likes

I have been using your hook remote for a while and I really like it. One thing I noticed is the hook remote runs out of battery fast compare to the AA BATTERIES the mini use . I ended up adding another lipo to your hook remote. Would the new design be able to use a bigger battery? Or maybe 2x 300mah lipo instead of one?

2 Likes

@Venom121212 i lost my dual trigger and couldn’t talk myself into purchasing another. It was a great remote and charging was a breeze. Just put a remote in my hand, I’ll be fiiiiiiine

5 Likes

The first version did have this problem, this was solved with an additional switch before the reg.
The new remote will have two 300mah lipos in parallel.

2 Likes

@dani Love the design, but I think the name is a little long (especially for the “children” on this forum). I’m gonna have to shorten it a bit. :wink:

Your Chubby has my attention and looks very exciting.
When can I get my hands on your Chubby?
When I’m in public rummaging through my pockets, trying to find my remote, I’ll tell people that I’m just searching for my Chubby and I’ll show it to them when I find it. :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. And honestly, I’m surprised nobody had made any comments like this yet. :crazy_face:

12 Likes

Love it!

My concern is the following:

This is not for children :rofl:

You can get in trouble with this…

I can live with it, will change the title later tonight, thanks!

9 Likes

what kind of monster hills are these o-O

3 Likes

Excellent design, functional design is by far the most attractive IMHO.

5 Likes

Nothing terrible, just comparing before and after.
This mod will NOT add superpowers.

1 Like

@dan anyway you can add this led battery monitor to the new design. I added this to your hook remote.

7 Likes

Cool one!
What’s the size of the pcb?

1 Like

44mm x 9mm. I think

#Aliexpress US $1.20 17%OFF | 1S 18650 Lithium Battery Capacity Indicator Percent Level Tester LED Power Display Board Monitor 3.7V 4.2V Li-ion lipo Battery
https://a.aliexpress.com/_runo91

1 Like

Did a short write up yesterday: https://dosimplecarbon.com/chubby-remote-the-mini-remote-thumb-mod-you-want-for-your-esk8/

There are some pictures of the pot tear up and my general facepalm moments.
Will have the files ready next week along with the how to.

Dani

7 Likes

I’m excited about this. I wanna order parts so I’m ready to chub when you finalize the design. I see the potentiometer link already.Can you link to the switch and maybe the lipo?

BTW I love the huge toggle switch.

2 Likes

Thank you, appreciate the love.

Switch
LiPo

I’ve left with these batteries from the previous mod. These are 4x20x30mm
You can probably fit bigger one instead. I’ll know more once the design is finished.

Dani

5 Likes

Looking at runtime. AA alkaline is about 2.5 wh. So 2 of them is 5wh. The 300mah lipo is about 1wh. I get a few month daily use with 2xAA, so that tiny lipo might be 3 weeks or so?

2 Likes