Chubby - the best thumb mod of the mini remote, 02.07.20 - files and instruction added

@Bindings_McGee or anyone…

Does anyone have 2 extra potted thumb switches for this they would sell?

I have 4 right now. Have been in Cleveland/otherwise incredibly busy shit posting that I didn’t message ^^ yet. Will see how many he’s after then know what’s up.

1 Like

Thanks Syd!

Alright… looks like I have two spare right now… You can have two if one is for a pretty girl…

3 Likes

One is for @eicarumba :joy: Does he count as a pretty girl? :crazy_face: Can you pm me for the invoice?

2 Likes

Printed great! The heat sensitive blue to white filament will match my circuit board nicely.

5 Likes

That’s a cool filament.
How do you like it in your hand?
@Venom121212

Feels very natural and nice, the other half shell is currently printing so I’ll get a better feel for it soon.

1 Like

omg so happy I found this fat chubby fuck. Was designing my own, and lets just say I’m not an expert with fusion 360…

3 Likes

maybe even planning some vapor-smoothing and epoxying… but lets not get too far of ourselves.

Anyone got 1 extra box/joystick? Tried to use my joysticks from an old ps3 controller, but those sensors use 4 pin layouts which dont work with the controller

Just finished my Chubby.

First Impression is its FUCKING SPECTACULAR

Cant wait to go for a ride with it.

8 Likes

Love your first impressions!

2 Likes

Why the space man!?
Close dat crack

2 Likes

Do I specifically need a 5k ohm pot, or can I use a 10k without any issues… what is the difference? @dani

1 Like

Hopefully the pots arrive before Saturday so I can make it over the weekend…

1 Like

you’ll have to remap in the vesc app, but you’ll likely be fine for that reason.

to your ps3 joystick:

4 (or 5) pins should be for x and y and the R/L 3 click

Did you check the resistances with a dmm?

1. pick a ground pin
  2. probe for a pin whose resistance doesn’t change when you move the joystick
  3. one of the other pins should vary when you do, between ~0 and whatever that last pin measured.
  4. (go back and pick a different ground pin if you inadvertently picked the trimmer pin as ground in the first step)

5k is a direct replacement for what’s in the mini.
I don’t know how to use other values

Is it just the picture or the case is cracked?

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t wanna be the one to say something