ChooChoo Short AT small batch GB_Completed

I haven’t tested so I don’t know for sure, but by default the nano-x does auto-pairing on start. I think the receiver searches the area for a free remote, and binds to it. If you have a power glitch on the board, it probably goes back into this search mode, and rebinding resets the calibration.

There’s a chance though, if you hard bind the remote and receiver, on a power glitch, there’s not search and rebind, and perhaps calibration is not reset.

And there’s also a chance that signal loss / restore behavior is similar to power cut, with search+bind being the default.

Can probably bench test by wrapping the remote in tin foil.

I’m glad you weren’t seriously hurt. Remote glitches are the WORST, hard to trust the board.

2 Likes

I could replicate the glitch by holding the remote with gloves, and going a bit further away from the board. It worked only once the other time I went over 20 meters far away and with wall in between and still strong connection. When I am holding with the gloves I apply more pressure to the remote, maybe over the time something go a bit loose and while pressing I cut the power circuit to the remote. Sound sci-fiction but do not know what to think. The board was always on for all the times I tried.

1 Like

Blockquote[quote=“rey8801, post:310, topic:5252”]
legs.
[/quote]

You ever hear of tegaderm? It’s a microporous film that allows gas transfer but seals in moisture and bacteria out. It’s expensive but it works wonders for healing. You simply clean the whole wound with alcohol to sterilize everything add a dab of antibiotic and seal the whole thing off. It takes weeks off the healing process and minimizes scar. image
You can buy it by the roll if you search for it in tattoo supplies. You’ll find it large enough and it’s way cheaper.

3 Likes

Thanks. Not a bad idea. The main problem is to avoid to touch surfaces with the wounds. So a hilling film would help for sure.

2 Likes

Yup they just replied me, they’ll charge 10$ extra for each customized motor so… for me that’s more than ok :stuck_out_tongue:

Then those 2 flipsky 6355 at 120kv with the gearbox will keep me at around 30kmh max. so perfect for my needs :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Perfect and in case you want the extra speed you can always add 2s3p more and enjoy the power. Space is plenty. My battery was 10s3p originally. Then after 4 months modified to 12s3p

1 Like

Take care man! Damn nanox… I was also using it with my first build but I don’t trust it anymore. I’m between VX1 and VX2 to be sent with the motors… :stuck_out_tongue:

About battery I think I will be ok… currently using 10s4p from Enertion (don’t trust it anymore neither) so let’s see…

PS: I’m probably going to Brussels/Amsterdam 15-20 november, will you be around? Looking for flights…(need to fix weird things with the SPF, ING and Vivium :dagger: :dagger: )

1 Like

Sorry just saw it now. I am in Gent, close enough to Brussel. I have friends coming to visit me during that weekend but if you pass by Gent (it’s a nice city) let me know :wink:

Ah got the parts from Flipsky. First time I buy motors from them but it looks legit.
It almost as smooth as maytech one. Only thing maybe aske them to put longer phase wires. I don’t think about it and they are rather short. Fxxk me🤣
On the other hand they came with keyway and bullet connectors for the vesc. Sealed motors

They even made the laser logo on them

2 Likes

Genk is lovely :love_you_gesture:

I know most Belgian cities… I spent there 6 years with a company car :slight_smile:

Probably I will delay it to december/january, will let you know!

About the motors, I already wrote a message to Maytech and Flipsky… let’s see their quotes and I will decide :slight_smile: I’m finally going with the 10s3p from BigBen.

1 Like

good! It’s my 4th year here. So far So good
I am in Gent btw (Ghent), Genk is another city :blush:

1 Like

Hey another question… which bushing/pivot cup setup are you guys planning to use with the ChooChoo? Quite lost about that…

I have been using RKP up to last week. 92/85 board /street barrel rear and 90/85 front. Now moved to TKP to try to get back the speed turn I had before the 110mm wheels. Super stable up to 60kmh.

2 Likes

I still dream of Rey-quality wide tkp trucks…

4 Likes

Eheh. First time I try TKP :blush: I made a RKP version of my track really cool one but put on side for now. I will wait until TKP gets inside my heart then I will decide. Now I am all focus on a new drive for a new board :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@rey8801 & @BigBen love you guys :heart: :heart: :heart:

Fucking proud owner of the first ChooChoo :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture: :love_you_gesture:

28 Likes

Cool! What drive are you gonna use? Looking forward to hear if you have the same vibes riding it :blush:

FB Mini Eco AT, 1:3.5

3 Likes

Sounds good😁 gear it for torque and would be so much fun

1 Like

Brilliant all arrived safe and sound. Realised i have Not blackened the edges of the enclosure. A sharpie should do the trick. Also I don’t think I cleaned the last of the gum off the deck after I removed the protection. Sorry. I hope you can forgive me…

8 Likes

Unacceptable

7 Likes