China's First Mountainboard Contender? (Ecomobl Telum & Ripper Series Discussion)

overpriced

Think of modifying a lacroix jaws by top mounting the batteries and installing straps. Or with endeavor pro instead.

1 Like

Or build your own, imagine what you could do with 4400 bucks

Apex airs, GD, 4wd, and an even bigger battery

True but a Lacroix is NOT a mountainboard, and is not built to do the things that something with a top mount would do, endeavor pro, more so, but still not to the same level, I think.

The have a “mechanical charm” feel to it

Or like, “my mom says I’m pretty” feel

3 Likes

I gotta say, I love how professional your write up was while still absolutely dripping with sass.

5 Likes

Hahaha I was hoping someone would notice

2 Likes

That’s my entire vernacular at work. I speak that language fluently.

1 Like

I honestly feel like they copied what a mountainboard looks like without actually understanding what makes a mountainboard a mountainboard. The deck looks way too thick to have any appreciable amount of flex, which kind of defeats the purpose of the camber IMO. Similarly I’m not too sure on the battery mounting method, but my guess is it doesn’t allow for deck flex either. Then the bindings are on backwards and at a weird angle, and the channel trucks seem a little too wide to be practical offroad almost at 20" - more than a Hypertruck. Good luck trying to get that around a singletrack. 55-70 pounds doesn’t help its maneuverability either. It looks like an MTB, but it sounds like it’d be a horrible one in practice.

4 Likes

My thoughts as well

Yep, I read 21 layers of carbon fiber, which seems nuts compared to trampa’s not even carbon fiber build

Also something I was concerned about but I doubt the deck even flexes much

lol

Yeah, I didn’t know how wide hypertrucks were but I also thought this

I know, I can’t imagine trying to hop with something that heavy, it’d be like putting bindings on a lonestar

1 Like

According to Lacroix’s spec sheet even the Lonestar SS only weighs 51lb, so add another 20 to that for the top of the line model. It costs the same though so I guess you get more pounds per dollar? That’s big in weightlifting right? :rofl:

1 Like

Inb4 hydraulic jump boards

Eyyy papi get me those bouncing pimp boards, where are my tiny wheels at

1 Like

And a 3 foot spoiler. Three feet tall.

1 Like

Hmmm… beef… Gonna see if i can grab those chonky boys for my m24pro… cause its not heavy enough :stuck_out_tongue:

Not sure how well this complete would perform but their drives def work well running mountainboard builds. Wonder how this would stack up with ECOMBS - affordable and easy to build eMTB someone in boston pick one up so i can do a side by side

1 Like

Their carbon deck looks pretty thin.

That doesn’t look thick at all… wonder what the flex is like.

Battery you can quick swap… although mucho ugly…

Interesting, I’ve only ever seen pictures of the wooden deck. Carbon looks way nicer, compared to wood. The backwards bindings still get me every time.

2 Likes

https://www.ecomobl.com/products/telum-high-quality-carbon-fiber-deck-products/
500 buckarooos… need someone with deep pockets to take one for science… @bboybowzer ? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Wrong guy, @Taraskasyanyuk deeper pockets

1 Like

bruh, at this point, getting any top tier brand deck still cost less

True, I think the lacroix nazare decks are cheaper than that.

but SCIENCEEEE!

I ride the M24 Pro and while that board leaves a lot of things to be desired, the planetary gear drives are awesome. I get up anything. As such, I am intrigued by Ecomobl’s first true eMTB but that price point is a bit too much. Since I have already paid them a bunch of money (I have an M24 too - I know, I overpaid but the thing did what it was supposed to do for me), I am hoping they offer me a break on a model and I can test it out. I will share here if so. But I am also not paying retail or anything close for that.

1 Like