Cheap FOCer 2 (Group Buy Batch 2)

This should make my life much easier:

7 Likes

Did you cut those legs down? You’re not supposed to as per the assembly guide.

These are desoldered FETs i had laying around. Just for demonstration and testing purposes.

2 Likes

Hi, can You put me in the waiting list for 1?

I could probably make some completely assembled ESCs with heatsink and cables for an additional 20$ if any of you is interested?

I can source the parts locally so everything should be here in a week.

What do you think?

@Gabi411
Sure, added you to the list

1 Like

You are very service minded!! :grinning:
I will gladly pay you for sending a set of these parts together with my units if you get them in stock.
No assembly needed

1 Like

Thank you Fatglottis,

If there are enough of you who want the complete assembly (im thinking about 10pcs) im going to order all the remaining components. There will be just the 3d printed case missing, i dont have a 3d printer so you have to do this yourself.

I would be interested in receiving mine completely assembled.

1 Like

Some updates for you. The LCSC shipment seems to be stuck in china:

JLCPCB order is completed and on the way:

Hope they both arrive soon. I will keep you updated.

4 Likes

Thank you for the update. It is still fast. They processed the order in like 2 days.

FedEx is famous for transit delays, they seem to work on a ‘if we have room’ principle. Lately with the Corona virus they have even less room than normal. When you see a mention that it is on the plane it is actually on its way. :).

1 Like

Im looking to buy 3 - But im struggling to find where the details of the options are ( With/without Canles/ IMU soldered yes no/ SMD soldered yes no?

Some without Fets//

are there price differeances?

Hi Esk, i will add you to the waiting list. If everything goes well with the first batch there will probably be a 2nd batch in a few weeks. The price and parts are always the same, some solder a few of the components themself some of you sent more money to help me with the work :slightly_smiling_face:

Good news, both packages are on the way and the lcsc one finally found a flight to europe:

4 Likes

DHL is very quick, the jlcpcb boards are already over the border and i payed the customs fee.

6 Likes

Hi,
Can you put me on the list for 2 ESC’s if you do a next batch?

Both Packets have arrived yesterday. It took fedex almost a week longer to get the package here. I did a quick check and one of the pcb is damaged. There was a cap with a blob of solder on it and when i removed it the leads came with. Its the bootstrap pin of the DRV. I will try to repair it when the other FOCers are soldered.

I also soldered a test board without the IMU and flashed a compiled 5.1 firmware on it. I was able to connect it to the VESC-Tool. Did not do any other tests yet but it seems to work fine.

14 Likes

Thanks again for all the work your doing :smiley:

Looking at the micro USB position; it does look potentially a bit flimsy mounted upright, would you recommend some epoxy around it to strengthen it?

Thank you for your support Morpheus.

This connector will break easily, but i prefer to loose the connector and be able to resolder a new one than tearing off traces on the board.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I guess it would be better to protect it with a case than anything permanent that could damage the PCB.

1 Like

So i started putting together your FOCers, there is always something you have not thought of or planned. When i soldered and connected my test focers, i found that one of the IMU is not working. So to be sure you get working IMUs on your FOCers i have to solder the USB and programming header on all of them and also flash a firmware. Well i would have had to do that on more than half of them anyways.

Flashing:

Checking for working IMU:

Soldering SMD parts:

9 Likes

I was thinking about you yesterday when I was soldering a couple up. I think you’ve given yourself a lot of work here, and I think you’re doing an awesome thing for the community. Well played mate

9 Likes