Cheap FOCer 2 (Group Buy Batch 2)

The IMU is the only thing that requires hot air. If you check the project Github it’s got a full soldering guide of what needs to be soldered, but it’s all meant to be done with a regular fine tipped iron.

1 Like

Sorry it’s slightly off topic but can anyone recommend a soldering station around the £35 mark?
I’ve just used university ones in the past.

A Weller 40W would probably do well, or stretch up to a TS100 for about £45-50

3 Likes

hey mate, is that still possible to get 3 of these or am i too late for the party?

100% I’d say that the TS100 is probably the best newbie (not to say its not a capable option) Soldering Iron out there. The tips are easy to change and find. As well there is a huge community out there for them with mods/accessories that are all open source and or cheap to do.

I had a cheapo Soldering/Hotair station (Something like this). Moved to a TS100, Hakko FX951-66 and a Quick 861DW.

edit: reference and clarifying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im also using the ts100 for everything smaller than awg12 / xt90

@Holbanner
Sure, just tell me what you need to be soldered and i will add you to the list.

1 Like

Hi @doomy

I would like to order 2 kits. No additional soldering needed.

Cool, do you need the IMU soldered?

Yes, please.

Hi @doomy ! I would like to order 2 sets with IMU, SMD and TH stuff soldered on.

1 Like

Ok, will you solder the MOSFETs yourself?

Mine has just arrived, many thanks again @doomy!

3 Likes

I think i’m gonna need to grab 2 kits @doomy. I can do any soldering that only requires an iron. :call_me_hand: awesome work you are doing here bro.

3 Likes

Ok cool, so i just solder the IMU.

Theres already no more units left for batch 2!

I’m going to order now.

3 Likes

Do you have the dimension of it

How large are they

60mm x 120mm x 14mm according to the original thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its now only possible to order 30pcs with SMD assembly. I will either need to panelize or order 2x30pcs

So until this is solved i can still add you to the list.

1 Like

I’d like to order 2 of Cheaper FOCer 2 board kits (if there’s still spots in batch 2), I’m in Ireland so i can Revolut you the payement. Cheers

I have just ordered 2x30 PCBs its a little bit more expensive but not too much.

So there is space for 10 more orders.

I’m also going to order screws and spacers so i could add them to your kit.

1 Like

Yes, I will