Cheap drop through truck bracing brackets

Those are beautiful, but I need ones in a U or O-shape, as I have two half broken decks that need the lateral support.
Also, they cost over $20 a set pre shipping, which is ok if you want to put them on just one fancy board. But for 5 decks it gets pricey.

Btw, where do you get the clamps for the short moon motor mounting plates?

1 Like

OK. Yup.
Like this, but cheaper?

Clamps depend on trucksā€¦ LRdesigns for surfrods RKP / TKP

Precisely.
I could just bite the bullet and order those.
But I felt like the there should be a budget friendly option, too.

1 Like

Are there any for boring old calibers?

1 Like

Definitely interested in this; every switchblade owner would benefit from a set :blush:

3 Likes

Not sure

On the one hand this is terribly vague.
But on the other hand If moon canā€™t find it chances are nobody can.

@moon youā€™re a legand man.

1 Like

I meant that I dont know anyone who makes good clamps for 46mm bolt pattern. I donā€™t make caliber clamps

1 Like

I would definitely buy a few sets of those brackets at a good price. Nice one @PrivacyDoctor @dickyho :ok_hand::ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like

I think $25 for the pair of Riptide plates is fair, I think I might just pick up a pair to see.

1 Like

redacted

I think theyā€™re like 25 bones a piece

:+1:t4:

Fair is relative. Would you put $25 brackets on a deck worth $50?

I have not ordered @RipTideSports, $25 is for the pair, right? For a USA made part thatā€™s very reasonable. Cost of living is out of control herešŸ˜‚

@PrivacyDoctor maybe not, but I really donā€™t like the $50 decks either, lol. I love the feel of quality in a good skate parts, but I agree itā€™s relative :+1:

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm well, I have to redact my original, commentā€¦ I read way down in the small print and agree 100%

Iā€™ll definitely buy from @RipTideSports and Brad for a made in USA product for 2 backing plates!

2 Likes

Me too, Me too! I just get most my parts used. Paid for a Bustin Sportster deck $50 for example.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I will get some of those from RipTide for my nicer decks, but I think there should also be a cheaper option on the market. Different products, different uses.

2 Likes

make them yourself with a hand-grinder and a file, then tell me if theyā€™re not worth $12.50 Eachā€¦ pffffft

4 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty much what I did (see further up in thread)

1 Like

When the deck wears out, put the plates on the next deck, they last indefinitely.

4 Likes

If we already have @RipTideSports tagged here, may I ask if these work with Caliber II, Torqueboards 218 and Gullwing Sidewinder trucks?

2 Likes

They work with virtually all trucks but a thick deck can sometimes cause hanger bite.

5 Likes