Cheap (60€) kevlar hoodie? | Review

It’s one of things where after you fall and get scratched up you have to ask “How much would I pay now to not be scratched up?”
Probably much more than $60 right?

4 Likes

Lol, no dude. If you’re pushing 30mph+ $60 is absolutely nothing for protection.

My lazyrolling has saved me from a fractured elbow, more damage to an already fucked shoulder blade, an entire lower back-full of road rash, many other things.

Most of which entirely weren’t my fault - random patch of gravel on an otherwise completely pathed path in low light conditions, getting creamed by a car that came around a corner in the completely wrong lane, people running red lights.

Bodily protection aside, the hoodie is pretty cool itself too.

Even a single trip to an urgent care the hoodie has definitely kept me from would’ve been more costly. 3 years since I’ve bought it & it’s still going strong. Very few tattered rips for the amount of asphalt it’s seen & they mostly give it character.

6 Likes

Yeah I’m with the others here, it’s incredibly useful and you can also get a different type of jacket (I got a denim button down style, I never take pictures of full outfits so I don’t have photos but I wear it without the pads as a daily jacket)

Expand below for a fall I took with the jacket, it did some serious work

Bruising and a bit of blood

I fell and rolled on my left elbow and skidded on elbow and left hip. Straight after the fall you can see the elbow that was the primary impact but covered by the jacket has a very small cut, and because I was riding with the jacket open it got yanked off and didn’t cover my hip, the road rash is nasty

After it healed a bit you see the biiiig area the impact on my elbow was spread over, instead of being concentrated and just eviscerating it

1 Like

When my regular hoodies cost more than 60$
:eyes:

6 Likes

There’s a chance he might not be from the US or another highly developed western country. I could understand why he feels that way if that’s the case lol.

1 Like