Charging Ports: Pros, Cons and Information

That looks super nice! Certainly wish I could buy something like that cheap.

If some some reason you needed minimum depth maybe the xt30 could be at an angle. Or fully horizontal but that could be too annoying and wouldn’t get tugged out as easily to protect.

Hmm do we need a separate thread for mounting charge ports vs procuring them…

2 Likes

Sure do.

Turned it into a wiki. Took a bit longer, had to get some beauty sleep

1 Like

So we’re just gonna pretend that the existing charge port wiki Shua and I made doesn’t exist? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

8 Likes

Don’t you know?

Rather than searching, you can just post a new topic! Its brilliant!

5 Likes

I gotchu boo! Need the practice anyway.

Needs info merged and the titles need managed to where the drop downs are hiding the large chunk of info. If work is slow, I’ll tackle it today.

7 Likes

I was going to use some of these fuse holders on my board to keep em easily changeable. They’re nice n mountable right by the charge port for plus easy access.Is there a reason I don’t see glass fuses talked about as much?

AUGYUESS 5PCS Black AC 125V/15A… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NVMTX8S?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Check out TrueConn and PowerConn connectors. Best bulkhead waterproof connectors ever and they handle a lot of amperage.

The SP13 2-pin connector has been my default for some time now. Handles most charging currents I end up seeing on a board, is low-profile enough to not invite issues, the cap is easy to work with, and the assembly/implementation is straightforward and easy to solder.

2 Likes

Not sure how I missed it! Swear I searched for charging ports, connectors and didn’t see it. Happy to close this topic and merge the info in I still can’t edit wikis, but once I can ill do that.

1 Like