Charge skateboard with MacBook charger. Done

At roughly 1 hour per km with a standard phone charger, you would get somewhere 3-4x faster walking… lol

3 Likes

I know it’s not up to the task, I’m just saying that while the stepper is small enough to fit in a pocket that plus the laptop charger would be roughly the equivalent of the charger I currently have

1 Like

You’re not wrong, but as power delivery becomes more common, it becomes more convenient to find PD plugs for cars, the size of the wall part will also get smaller as time goes on, having one charger for your laptop/phone/board, many bigger power banks also outputs PD specs… so, few benefits over a standard charger. And this is not a replacement for a standard charger, just a side convenience piece.

1 Like

This product is not meant for you.

Need I remind you it can be charging from any car.

3 Likes

How log should this take to charge the typical 10s3-4P from a car? What capacity would the car battery be at after charging the esk8 after?

Awesome product, don’t take my posts as negative criticism.

1 Like

Depends on how high of an amperage the battery can take. Typical 2A for 8Ah battery would take about 4 hours. You can extrapolate from there for example 4A for 8Ah would take 2 hours.

The battery would be perfectly fine. We’re talking about car batteries up to 500W. While car batteries are designed for high current output, you wouldn’t really charge a board with the car off anyways so it doesn’t matter as much

Anyone can do the math

80 watts is 80 watts. You could push 125 watts from a car.

I would leave it running.

lmao good on you for saying like it is.
Probably 2 people in the world will encounter a situation that they need to wait 30hrs to charge their board at a location with only a phone charger. And if that was the case, I doubt they’d have this device too :rofl:

I cannot even imagine what series of life choices you made to get you to where you were stranded with only your eboard, and not enough space in your bag but for a buck converter and a phone charger, and were forced to wait out the entire charge with no other option.

1 Like

Lol not what I meant guys, I’m saying I’d spend good money on a device like this that could be this size and charge in an appropriate amount of time. As I stated, show me a charger that can charge from one of those phone bricks and you’ll get my money. I suppose I implied that I wanted it charged in a reasonable amount of time.

It’s up to you to find the power delivery charger. There is some 60-87w GaN chargers that is not much bigger than the 10w phone brick you showed. Obviously you can’t generate power from nothing.

https://www.amazon.com/Baseus-Delivery-Foldable-Charging-Nintendo/dp/B082SV4J38

lmao.
show me a 18650 sized battery with 100a output and 8000mah capacity and you’ll get my money :rofl:

You think we can cheat physics? XD

2 Likes

I’ll just say what we’re all thinking, it would be fantastic to have a low profile adaptable charger for low key juice jacking in the plague ravaged post apocalyptic wasteland.

1 Like

Old esk8 motor turned into a wind mill to charge my board is my plan

1 Like

I have a 150W solar panel on the top of my truck. On a bright day I’ve seen it put out as much as 8A at 14V and I can collect upwards of 600-800Wh throughout a whole day to a marine deep cycle. I’ve used this to boost the charge in my eboard before.

3 Likes