Charge skateboard with MacBook charger. Done

Help a electronics illiterate guy out, your little aluminum charger is plugged into the wall plug for a MacBook? Are there other plugs that could be used for those who do not own a MacBook?

Any wall charger that supports the new USB - C Power Delivery protocol, needs to be capable of 80-100W, (many laptops now use this). The charger output list needs to contain 20V @ 4-5A

2 Likes

30A continuous I believe. It’s fiiiiiiine for charging

Why tie this to a specific brand of laptop? USB has standards for a reason :smirk:

It’s just usb c

IKR. But the title is tied to specific computer brands for some reason :rofl:

Ah yes, fuck crapple

Looks like someone needs to make a thread to charge skateboard with Chromebook charger.

Or just with USB-C :rofl:

5 Likes

Chromebook chargers are often 15 volts 3 amps. A bit slower. But still fine for topping off

1 Like

Magnetic charging is like %60 efficient. Cool idea but you’d basically need twice the station current to get the same charge current. Not to mention, the ridonculous amounts of heat it would put off at that point. Think small stove top

1 Like

Absolutely. 12,15,20 volt chargers. 30-100 watts.

This box you can dial down the current as to not overload your charger.

Future versions will have microprocessors and an memory.

I’m just too busy. And like analog turnpots ( 25 total turns so good 1/10 I’ve a volt per 30 degrees with a 10k precision pot as pictured

1 Like

Meh, show me a charged board using one of those little usb phone bricks and you’ll get my money.

You don’t trust me? Hahah. I’m not trying to scam anyone.

Mine charges at 80 watts.
So when I have set at 42 volts that’s 1.9 amps charging

When set at 50.4 volts it’s 1.6

2 Likes

5 Likes

The bane of the creative and productive

2 Likes

I see what you got there, but your charging from a laptop wall plug correct? What I’m asking is can it be done from a phone brick.

While your up converter fits easily in your pocket, the up converter AND the laptop plug might not so easily

1 Like

You can find a phone charger just about anywhere you go, someone will have one.

1 Like

You’re talking about a significantly less amount of power from one of those. Most of those are 5v 2A, at best 9v 2A for quickcharge phone bricks. That means 18W of power, plus inefficiencies, 15W max into your board. That means an average 10s4p battery will take 30~ hours to charge, vs about 6 hours for 100W Power Delivery. And, a standard 10w brick like your holding may be as high as 50 hours.

3 Likes

I’d rather be charging real slow than not be able to charge at all :smirk:

Still faster than solar LoL

2 Likes