Charge ports and fast charging

A fuse definitely helps in that instance.

1 Like

the welding no fuse yes.

avoids welding at all pretty much.

2 Likes

LOL gotta say you have me convinced. Can you link me a guide to soldering fuses? I’ve looked through a few of your threads and can’t find anything definitive.

1 Like

I don’t know of one specifically for fuses, but just follow this in general

2 Likes

Sorry, shoulda phrased my question better as I’m really just wondering where to solder the fuse onto. Is it onto the charge port cables or on to the main battery leads or somewhere else?

On the negative lead of the charge port

4 Likes

Is that 2 5s chargers?

1 Like

I love mine… it’s big though and probably a bit of an overkill for me… but when you hear that snap… oh baby!

it was parallel 12S I thought

if you want to series power supplies you want The Last Power Supply (Charger) You’ll Ever Need

I thought you couldn’t parallel psu

parallel chargers are iffy. but you can always try it. Hook chargers in parallel without anything else. just positive to positive and negative to negative. if the lights stay red when its just the chargers in parallel then theres no current flowing from one charger into another. problem is, if there is an issue, itll probably damage one of the chargers

and these are 12 supplies in series. not parallel.

1 Like

Use a separate fuse on each charge port

1 Like

Or a diode right? On the line? I need to series them anyway haha

The diode will bring down the charge voltage

Ah true… i planned on shooting over. I was going to do 3 or 4 psu depending on their voltage output.

No, two 10S chargers in parallel

1 Like

This is my favorite one that we use:

8 Likes

What type of charge port is that? Also, what company makes those chargers?

Chargeport is not a normal one, but name is YZ-20

2 Likes

What do y’all think of these?

https://www.amazon.com/Connectors-Security-Lighting-SIM-NAT/dp/B07H4K6HP3/ref=sr_1_19?dchild=1&keywords=5.5+x+2.1+male+10A&qid=1605539789&sr=8-19