I find some aspects of bldc’s to be both fascinating and completely mind-boggling - like how someone figured out that Delta terminations have 1.7x the KV of Wye terminations. I’d be very intrigued to see why that is but everything I’ve found treats it as just a given.
It doesn’t look like they’re soldered at all besides the bullet connections, so it should be as simple as removing the bullets, un-twisting the remaining wire, and cross-referencing with a winding diagram.
I’ve gotten started on the conversion - popped the motors open and started rearranging the wires for wye termination. I’ve just gotta remove the enamel on the wires and do a lot of continuity checks before I solder everything up and insulate. Last thing I want is a short
I should be able to finish up and make a post some time tomorrow!
Removing the stator from the frame proved to be an incredibly difficult task, so I opted to not do that and just thread the wires around different parts of the frame to make them easier to manage.
Those things were glued together incredibly well.