Carvons v4 need help fixing

Yeah will

I pmed him on Friday and will wait for the week
Don’t think hes very active

Also managed to break my usb micro ports just now so can’t even try detection again until I get the app on a phone

Has anyone had this issue with motors before
This noise does seem familiar as if I have heard it in other threads

@zachtetra and anyone else who can help

If the issue is not visible what is the best way to determine what the problem is and how to fix

I guess checking in the vesc fault terminal is the way to go and will look at that now

I would definitely get a multimeter. That will make it very easy to identify if there is a damaged section of wire

3 Likes

K

I have multimeter just the ohms bit isn’t working
How would you check if the wire is damaged?
Just resistance?

You check the resistance between each phase connection (a to b, b to c, c to a) and if all 6 are the same, but chances are one will be double or triple depending on the motor configuration

1 Like

Didn’t you ride these and then they broke? Or what I mean is Have you ridden them on your board and they worked fine.

2 Likes

No first ride and they were acting funny
Tried to change the setup on vesc tool slightly and they got even worse
Now they are back to stage one but they are really unusable unless this is fixed

Worse bit is I paid with transfer wise so gonna have to make a whole chargeback with my card if he doesn’t reply

1 Like

K will try as soon as I can get my hands on a working multimeter

So @Zachtetra think I got it to work

It gave number

I used this setting

Do those make sense or is my multi meter still broken?

Weird new noise you can all appreciate

Bldc setup this time

I have no idea what this could be

Anyone got anything to suggest

the cheaper Carvon V4 torquedrives were made from koowheel hubs, the SDR and SDXL were custom made

are these the motors you were selling the other day, which you said were perfect?

9 Likes

A typical multimeter resistance measurement is inaccurate and ur better checking inductance. L. Looking at the resistance numbers u were able to get it looks bad. U can rewind and it’s not hard especially if u wind Lrk winding where u skip every other tooth

Doubt u will get the stator off. Even if u did it’s likely more work then stripping and rewinding. An L/C meter is cheap and helps

1 Like

So I thought they were as I never used since I bought from someone and they said they were perfect
I just tested now to make sure and bang they don’t work properly

Someone also said you know a bit about them so maybe you could help

So was thinking about rewinding but I have no clue how anyone know or have some useful thread/video how to do it

1 Like

Search lrk winding. Sorry not dlrk. It’s easy. Just make sure u get the starts and ends right. And glue the winding down w high heat epoxy after

2 Likes

So do both motors need to be wound the same way?
And do I need new copper for the windings in order to get it to work

Thanks a lot

1 Like

If they’re different kv that’s ok. Just not too different. Get magnet wire.

It will be a better motor.

U need to figure how many turns (wraps) of wire are on it now as best you can. And it’s multi strand so figure how many strands in each phase and count as u remove. Maybe u will ave to heat it to soften epoxy. And don’t damage insulation on stator

2 Likes

K should then I rewind both if I am doing it

Will look more into it and

@Scepterr do you know the amount of poles these had

14 magnets. 12 teeth. U can do just one. Get the 15$ L/C meter and u can get it very close kv

3 Likes

Do you know what they originally used

Also how much magnet wire will I need and what epoxy?