Carbon GTO | 10S4P | TB110 78A | dual FOCBOX 1.6 | dual enertion 6355 | Boardnamics 220 | Carbon GT deck [serious]

yes, second that :grinning:

1 Like

@b264 You are cheating on this one, Brian.
Where is the fucking handle? hahahahaha
…anyways, awesome job on this one. No Evolve anymore but hey, its reliable now :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

2 Likes

Not having a handle is annoying.

1 Like

but just when things fail and you have to carry this shit on the walk of shame, otherwise you can simply skate :grinning:

It’s specifically designed not for performance, but to avoid breaking down. That’s the #1 design goal.

2 Likes

I actually still have one sitting in a box in my basement. It’s one I got from boostedbuilder on the old forum.

Yes, those are awesome. That one piece made this entire build, if not for that I’d have left the Evolve electronics and drive train and everything and just replaced the cells only

I spent an hour sanding and filing it though :rofl:

2 Likes

The right motor was having fits and trying to jam up and then go free again. I took it apart — and thankfully, there isn’t a loose magnet getting bound up, but it’s only a motor bearing about to shit the bed. Thankfully, I have replacements on-hand.

Might as well do a battle-hardening while it’s back on the bench…

1 Like

I cleaned the rotor but the stator is still dirty.

2 Likes

what did you use to get the bearing out?

I used that yellow 4mm hex wrench next to it and a hammer

Since I was replacing them anyway, I didn’t care :rofl:

Turns out it didn’t dent it or anything though

1 Like

Not the best hardening job in the world, but better than the stock epoxy, I think.

4 Likes

Holy shirt balls the waterproofing to the right :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Not even completely done waterproofing it yet :smirk:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I haven’t seen this yet nice build @b264 and thank you for all you do with us noobs

4 Likes

I can’t find it anywhere but what settings should I have for a stock GTR battery to make it feel punchy and not sag? On 7" tires with I think 12:66 pulleys

It’s hard to suggest much without a lot more details — but in general maybe maximize motor max, depending on the motors, maybe even over 100A, and minimize the battery max to something very low like 15A per side.

I have it at 12A per side and 60A motor max. I don’t really notice a difference in sag between 12A and 16A.

Tires are max pressure, belts aren’t too tight, stock evolve hardware, DV6 VESC and 50A BMS. Idk what other data I can provide.

Battery also seems to be at about 60% after just over 8Km, which worries me it won’t get the expected 25km out of a charge.

What motors?

There’s aomething very odd about Brian building a carbon evolve longboard.

2 Likes