Carbon GTO | 10S4P | TB110 78A | dual FOCBOX 1.6 | dual enertion 6355 | Boardnamics 220 | Carbon GT deck [serious]

It comes in a package that you squeeze

5 Likes

Great clean build :slight_smile: Deck looks great with those trucks

1 Like

that’s a bad ass rebuild of a CGT. I’m still working on my rebuild this gives me ideas.

2 Likes

@b264 you got into that tiny smd and updated the firmware yourself?

2 Likes

You can do it via the JST pins if you have the proper hardware.

I have an Atmel-ICE

Lmao you’re new aren’t you

3 Likes

Build looks great m8, how is the acceleration with 16A? That seems awfully low

2 Likes

New here, but came over from the old forum.

1 Like

Maybe the old forum doesn’t like people calling it flipshit and censored it :see_no_evil:

1 Like

I have no issues with the acceleration, it goes up a ridiculously steep parking garage ramp to get outside.

Remember it’s 16A times two also

1 Like

Yeah I get that, I’ve just never tried running with that low of an amperage so I didn’t know what it felt like. I let mine run all the way up to 50a but the most I’ve seen pulled so far is like 45A / vesc

1 Like

Turning stuff up too high is also how you break stuff. If you keep your numbers low, the vehicle often stays in service longer :ok_hand:

Remember, broken skates aren’t fast and they don’t go far

9 Likes

Nice one.

3 Likes

Evolve, it is known on the public record that I used the name “Carbon GTO” and it is considered prior art, I came up with the name, and it’s mine to use.

So if you ever need to use the name, contact me and we can work out a deal for me to rename my lineup of skates.

1 Like

Also, for whatever reason, I have always wanted a Carbon GT deck. Not sure why, but you have made that yearning even worse with this build.

1 Like

The inside compartment on this deck is not a nice shape. I’d go with a different choice. The compartment narrows in the front to where it isn’t even usable. See how there is 3.5cm of foam in front of the battery? That’s wasted space because it’s too narrow for 18650 cells. Also, the width of the space is so close to not fitting a battery that I had to construct the battery in that very specific way for it to fit, with the balance wires on the ends like @longhairedboy does his battery upgrades.

Overall, I can’t recommend this deck, but it’s what I had.

5 Likes

I saw on my local hw store a cable joint which uses a gel for water isolation:

https://www.hellermanntyton.com/products/gel-technology/relifix-v516/435-00655

Maybe this gel could be also well suited for our purposes. I don’t know what is made off neither if it is available to buy in retail though.

That gel is absolutely nasty stuff. Great for if someone does you wrong, then you put some of that gel under their car door handle.

Usually for waterproofing electrical connections, I solder them together, paint with acrylic, and while that’s still wet, shrink heatshrink tubing over it

2 Likes

Oh, I’m glad I asked :relaxed:

Tried to search for neutral cure silicone but it seems easier to find in the states than in europe. For example, GE 2+ doesn’t seem to be available. Also there are several types, metal, glass, etc.
Do you know any appropriate one available also in the EU?

Try ASI 388, although it’s an American company/product they might have it in stock.

It’s my fav silicone I’ve found so far :thinking::man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like