Can't modify app settings over bluetooth... any suggestions?

Better to just sell all your esk8s and start over again.

1 Like

Dont have other working shit. Nothing works since fw 6.

1 Like

Is the module just always visible by default then?(as in visible to other devices. not visible to the eye since obviously the silicone case blocks it from view) I need to try to connect that way since otherwise it is a pain in the ass to update settings on my pc.

I wanted to add an external usb c port to my enclosure like I have on my other one, but the height added by even the 90 degree usbc plugs wouldn’t fit in it while closed. If I can’t get the blue tooth to work I might buy an extension cable anyway and just route out the extra height needed from my deck to get it to fit.

Should be as long as it’s powered.

1 Like

Time to get another Hobbywing

Sounds like you should use 5.2

When i say fw 6 i’m more referring to vesc tool 6.

It automatically updated on my phone and there is no way of going back. It’s been a pain in my dick since it was released. I don’t understand how more people aren’t having the same issues.

1 Like

Stop using the phone and use a computer :kissing_heart:

That defeats the purpose of bluetooth functionality.

The bluetooth worked before.

It doesn’t now.

Fuck vesc.

1 Like

preach it. vesc tool 6 really fucked with me. especially when doing any settings over bluetooth

2 Likes

It doesn’t. Use the shit version to do a TCP forward using bluetooth and connect on the computer to whatever version you’d like to.

Ensure your phone and the computer are both connected to the same WiFi network for it to work.

This is a customer rebuild. I can’t give him back a board that is less functional than it was before.

I don’t want a shonky work-around. I want the fucking shit to do what it’s supposed to do.

1 Like

Oh LOL

Well in that case, this is a pitfall of using buggy low-budget software then :cry:

Lol pretty glad i’ve never paid for it.

1 Like

Iphone?

Android

1 Like

vedder.vesctool-12f1f7e1dc7f0b7feb82e3a14f1a3a96.apk (37.0 MB)

Should be the 5.2 tool

Uninstall yours first, then install this

1 Like

Omg wow. Need to try this. Wonder if it will let me roll the firmware back.

1 Like

Also turn off automatic app updates in the play store :slight_smile:

It should since you are technically using fw that is not supported

1 Like

Heres another one. This one should be tool 3.01 with fw 5.3 (?)

vedder.vesctool-c0c9e0c9ac9ab114bba2eff8a94e72f0.apk (42.3 MB)

1 Like