Can I get more torque

Quick question, can I pull more torque out of my build without taking anything away from it?

I feel the start has lag but once it’s going it’s enough, mid torque is amazing, pulls me back.

I’m using 6384 140kv 4000w motors
Gear drive 9/44
9” tyres (I know)
Duel 100a controller to power it
550a continuous 14s battery

I have bought the trigger dead-band down to 5% any lower and it overshoots by a second, don’t trust it tbh

I’ve also got motor amps set to 90

Can’t describe how laggy the initial pull from stand still is and I don’t really wanna downsize the tyres do to the comfort from them.
Don’t really want to go 4wd either just to compensate a poor acceleration from standstill

Change gearing, potentially change esc settings

1 Like

You can set the motor amps slightly higher aswell or set an aggressive throttle curve

3 Likes

The gearing is a low as it can go, moon drives 9/44 I know he has the 47t but I can’t used them afaik

My vesc knowledge is limited, I’ve never played around with a throttle curve before, never had to till now

There is a lot of throttle knowledge on the old builders forum if you use the search function, I still go back to some of it every few months. Sure people here can probably help you tho.

@Sebas ftw.

What are your motor amps at now?

90A. You could bump it up a bit as long as the motors don’t get too hot. I have mine at 110A :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

VESC tool is an ugly interface, don’t be afraid to openly hate it.

1 Like

Make sure you programmed both sides of the ESC. You may be running default settings on one side

1 Like

I have my deadband at 3% for the puck and 0.1 positive ramping.

owo

3 Likes

you can probably change ramping time to be like .16 or even lower to reduce the lag (it defaults at .4 seconds)

and of course adjust throttle curve as well

1 Like

Assuming it’s Moon drives, his newer ones use a 47T wheel pinion. But that’s a small upgrade. Are you using sensors on the motors btw?

1 Like

I am

Will give the old vesc tool a go, my laptop was better for setting up, the vesc tool on the phone is problematic at times

Do you feel a difference tho on acceleration from stand still, my 70-90 amps doesn’t make a difference I feel

Oh yeah. And if not satisfied, get that throttle curve going.

What is your positive ramping time at? I keep mine at 0.1s for snappy throttle response.

1 Like

If you need some help just ask, or you can send me a message

he should be beating a Kaly XLR off the line with these settings and gear ratios

(xlr has a 4:1 on 10in tires)

1 Like

0.5, any less then that and it’s jumpy, unloaded, ain’t tried it loaded, will give it a shot tomorrow

1 Like

Thanks bud, will keep that in mind

I wish, ain’t beating anything off the line at the moment :joy: wonder what the xlr is set to, I know it’s quick