Calling all Unicycle homies! (Hoverboard & OW Safe Place)

Getting tired of the idea of remote control. Might get an EUC next.

2 Likes

Which is easier to repair/easier to source parts/maintain - esk8 or EUC?

2 Likes

EUCs rarely break down and they don’t have many moving parts so you almost never need to maintain them, but if you ever do need to the only way you can get parts is pretty much ewheels or aliexpress.

But crashes on EUCs are generally a lot worse than boards but overall they crash less unless the rider is an idiot.

@esk8 With an EUC you can drink a beer and smoke a joint while riding :eyes:

@malJohann in my experience EUCs brake a lot harder than boards

4 Likes

Heres a comparison between the acceleration and braking of the MSX and KS18XL

And just another fun video

Btw the MSX in the video is the 84v version with less power and speed
5 Likes

I am going to shut this down soon. I can not take it. Where does it say anywhere in the banners EUC news?

No where. Know why?

Its a fucking esk8 forum. I am getting angry Bill. Hold me back. Hold me back dude

hold me back please

12 Likes

We need to talk about hover boards. Where’s the thread?

3 Likes

This incessant poaching of esk8ers has to stop. You can all expect a strongly worded email.

4 Likes

*In case it wasn’t clear… @Dareno *

Aight look, get on an esk8 that we can get identical models of, even a boosted would do, and beat me in a race if you aren’t confident that I esk8, but if you’re just screwing around then don’t repeatedly say you’re going to shut my perfectly valid thread down.

I am researching electric unis. I @'d @ARetardedPillow on here to help me out because he is a cool dude, and nowhere did I mention you.

I’m going to use one to MAKE ESK8 VIDEOS :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

5 Likes

All kidding aside, we need more killer video content. Can’t wait to see your take on it. Tishawn is a boss and AlienRides out of SF does nice work, too.

4 Likes

In all honesty, I considered all personal electric vehicles (PEVs) before I settled on esk8. EUC and esk8 were top of the list but esk8 has the added advantage that if there is an electrical failure, the vehicle still rolls on its own and you can “ride it out”. They all have their pros and cons, but esk8 was top of my list of non-polluting car-replacements.

1. esk8 (one hand not free)(easiest to carry)
  2. EUC (doesn’t roll if failure)(second-easiest to carry)
  3. escooter (no hands free)(too hard to carry indoors, theft if left outside)
  4. ebike (no hands free)(you have to park outside, theft if left outside)
  5. emotorcycle (no hands free)(you have to pay to park outside, theft if left outside)
  6. ecar (you have to pay to park outside)(carries most cargo)(warm in winter)
6 Likes

This is censorship, alright lads time to make a new forum EUC news, we are out of here

@b264 an EUC is actually a lot easier to carry than boards but yeah if it fails you pretty much die

But I love both, EUCs for practically and travelling and boards for joyrides, not that you can’t joyride with an EUC but yeah I wouldn’t give up any of em

6 Likes

It’s not easier to carry than MY boards. :smirk:

I don’t build crap with channel trucks, air-filled tires, bindings, batteries on top, et cetera

3 Likes

I don’t think practical EVs can get smaller than this without being ridiculous

You can literally throw this into a backpack, has 512wh battery, and can hit 25mph but I wouldn’t want to on this tiny thing

1 Like

This is a solid list for EV considerations for new people wanting to get into EV’s!

EDIT: Might make a good entry banner to show why you should do esk8

3 Likes

What did I just watch? They seem incredibly convenient and capable of speed and range, but the streetface potential seems to be huge. More so than esk8.

3 Likes

After watching someone streetface on a Onewheel, these things scare me for that reason too. At least a broken esk8 has a 99% chance of still rolling on the ground. A broken EUC or OW has essentially no chance.

(this is coming from someone who succesfully rode this out, carrying 3 heavy bags of groceries, from top speed)

6 Likes

It’s all just for fun Dave! Chuck your beans in the freezer

5 Likes

Yeah the streetface potential is there and is what keeps most people away, but what people don’t know is that these things are less prone to face planting than what most people thing, I’ve put over 3000 miles on mine and I had never faceplanted in my life and its not because I ride slow or I don’t push the wheel, heck I push nearly topspeed almost everyday. But the thing is that the only way people faceplant is because they’re idiots.

There is a feature called a tiltback on EUCs and it restrains you from leaning forwards and slows you down once it reaches a certain speed. People who faceplant are the ones who disable this feature and push the wheel beyond its capabilities, for example trying to go 50 MPH when the top speed of the wheel is 45MPH. And overleaning would almost never cause you to faceplant aswell as long as you’re not going topspeed because these things are torquey as fuck and it tells you when to slow down aswell

3 Likes

Agreed… but I cant believe disabling it is even an option :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes