CAD Ideas and Inspiration (Serious)

Looks cool ! but I don’t really see the point, I personally never go backward so having an easier switch from forward to backward doesn’t seem that important to me

Decided to give this a go from some scrap plastic before cutting into a fresh piece of aluminium.

Looks about the right size. Some tool-path improvements to be made but i guess that is why we do these tests

Its not for going backwards, its for smoother and more predictable switching from throttle to breaks. If your racing this is a transition you need to make into and out of every corner.

13 Likes

new crazy idea im looking for feedback on.

I was going to try and narrow the middle section of a trampa deck but im concerned about the strength. Im wondering if bolting an aluminum plate onto the thin section will help me get some of the strength back or not.

Has anyone tried this? Or have any ideas what the limits are? @NoWind maybe?

4 Likes

3 Likes

I am pretty sure it would work. Ive got a trampa deck which was modified and slimmed down in width, when I bought it the guy had a trampa carying handle attached, the deck was stiffer than when I took the handle off.

Also trampa mentions their handle stiffens the deck slightly.

1 Like

Go go go !
@Norules ride it some yrs like that :

if you bolt it it will help for sure, your deck gonna be more flexy and twisty.

5 Likes

Nice. Do you know what width that’s down to in the middle?

2 Likes

3? 4 lipos wide

oh damn he got the android phone dashboard going and everything

1 Like

yo all
Deck 17 ply 80kg rider 2x6s12A lipo

++ ride safe :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I would test without it first, either the aluminum will make the board completely rigid there, the most crucial portion for a good flex, or it will flex with the board an fatigue in no time

2 Likes

The second 100%, aluminum sucks in that regard. Unless u make it like 3cm thicccc.

1 Like
1 Like

need MicroSMARTBMS and dual ESCs with power switches then AWD electronics would fit in a hummie.

2 Likes

FlexiBMS and either the HD Vescs from Trampa or even a StormCore

1 Like

Any reason why you reversed the front truck?

1 Like

I think you can fit a bigger battery in there, look at all that space!

1 Like

Late reply. Just linking because hard to find with wrong keywords.

2 Likes

Had forgotten about this thread but maybe it’s time to bring it to the top again.

Just wanted to show the crazy ideas shared here eventually became reality and resulted in a very unique build.

So what crazy cad you guys all working on at the moment?

9 Likes

Awesome to see the beginnings of this beauty.