Bustin sportster build issues

I am in the process of building a bustin sporster 35. I recieved my enclosure from eboosted after waiting a month and just recieved the deck from Bustin boards. Im not sure if Bustin boards change the shape with the new “T core” deck or if the enclosure is from an old mold or something. Has anyone had this issue?

3 Likes

@eBoosted

As a long time Bustin rider, yes. They do change the dimensions of their decks.

The Sportster I used for a build was from 2020, and I imagine they’ve changed it a bit. There are something like 3 or 4 different Sportster revisions.

I’m unsure exactly when they change things, but it’s something they do.

Looks like you could grind/sand it down… annoying though, sorry man.

Damn, I just ordered a sportster deck and the eboosted mk4. But I asked for the maple deck. I’ll check when I get mine, but you might be able to return the deck for the e-core. They said they still have a few left.

I can also confirm that not all Sportster decks are the same dimensions. For my build, I used their blank (E)Core deck. My receipt has it listed as a 2021 model. eBoosted’s MKII enclosure fit absolutely perfectly.

1 Like

They accidentally sent me the t-core :expressionless:
I just talked to someone in the production department at boosted and they confirmed that the manufacturer has changed the shoulder dimensions.

@eBoosted

I was able to get my hands on an older Sportster 35. Its the '21 maple E core version and the enclosure fits perfectly.

5 Likes

Hopfully they send you the Maple E Core version. The enclosure from @eBoosted is way too nice to cut and sand down to make it fit.

1 Like

It seems I’ll have to order a new Sporster T-Core in order to make a new enclosure for it.

If any of you have a blemished or used one I’ll take it from you otherwise I’ll see if they can sell me one with imperfections

2 Likes

I just got an E-core Sporster, I’d be happy to trade (local Austin only) for a T-core, since I want it as analog.

1 Like

I can send you mine. They’re sending me a replacement so I don’t need it.

2 Likes

My shipping address is:

Eurotek Motorsports (EM Cargo)
4420 NW 74th Ave
Miami
FL 33166
USA
Phone: 1(786)853-5940

Please let me know how much would you be willing to accept for the deck.

2 Likes

Test the flex for us too! The ecore really didn’t have enough to justify needing the sectioned enclosure imo. So if this new one is as stiff and shorter, a straight through enclosure would be much appreciated :pray:

5 Likes

For the Sporster the segmented enclosure is just for design, it will help but only if you are very heavy. Even if the T core is less flexible I’ll keep the same design because it’s already done.

I wonder why would you rather use a straight through enclosure instead, more room?

Yeah the sportster enclosure is a bit cramped when you try to do a 12s4p p42a, smart BMS and a stormcore.

2 Likes

The segmented enclosure looks nice but the size constraint is brutal. I love the deck and hate building them out because 12S4P 21700 is a bare minimum size pack these days and you almost can’t fit wires with how small the current enclosure is.

If it has to be reduced in length due to the new deck shape (which appears likely based on the photos above) that would not be a viable option for an enclosure…

The segmented enclosure is great if you plan to make the batteries the way the enclosure was intended for, but it can really mess with trying to pack something unusual in

Like theoretically 12s4p and 16s3p should be the same since it’s 48 cells but realistically you can’t make 16s3p in some enclosures because the segments won’t fit 9 cells and it’s a massive waste to only pack 6 in so you get stuck with certain limitations on the rest of the build

And god forbid you try to work with exotic battery types :joy:

1 Like

that was the worse part of the build…trying to get everything to fit and only the smaller ESCs would fit in there.

1 Like