Bustin Hybrid Sportster Review

Great point. If your back knee is locked, you’ll be in trouble. Loose is key

1 Like

Thanks dude ,will I be able to use the old remote to or do you have to change them as well . Thanks again :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Good question. I would love to know that too. I fear not, but ask them!

Chances are you might anyways only have to replace the battery.

1 Like

Dualomo guys would be the ones to ask i reckon…

Anyone have any pics of the inside of the motor?

3 Likes

Jeff wu may have the dualomo manufacturer friends…

I have a pic of the motor without the hub sleeve as I’ve received my sportster x V2 with a stripped face plate screw (the plate that stops the wheel sleeve coming off ) They sent a replacement after some initial friction and conversation . The usps service they used is what appears to be “pigeon post “ due to the time it’s taking but hopfully I should have it by early next week and UK weather permitting I will finally be able to test the board and give an honest review .I hope it performs something like the V1 version as to tame will be an utter letdown ,although right now I’d just be happy to ride it full stop especially seeings I had one of the batch #2 boards so had it for over two weeks and not ridden it yet .
Unfortunately I can’t post pics yet due to being a newbie on here

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, I hope they’ve been better at the customer service.

1 Like

I’ll take a pic of my motor today as my replacement hub sleeve is due to arrive finally !! In the mean time
Here’s a pic of Dave’s internals ,I’m sure he won’t mind me sharing with you . Anyone recognise the esc ?https://esk8-news-objects.s3.dualstack.us-east-1.amazonaws.com/uploads/original/3X/f/4/f4a2bcedfa12949fb1bc45e571697f7bc52c3efe.mp4

6 Likes

wow, i guess they have the old school china esc’s :confused:

2 Likes

Link doesn’t work for me. LingYi?

3 Likes

I want to build my own with a quality esc and possibly throw some venom mags on it for a fun time

2 Likes

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

6 Likes

just get the deck and get an eboosted enclosure when that is done, but that is an option too, though wasted space under the deck for DIY builds. but nice clearance. though plenty of builds have been done with this deck, I think a regular flatpack sitting on the bottom of the deck is still a lot of clearance. There is plenty of extra space with the massive china esc and a 10s4p, an extra 8 cells for 12s4p and unity could fit possibly into the routed deck w/ their enclosure…?

1 Like

Was definitely my ESC overheating the other day, i think much of it when going down hills braking massively, recharging the batteries. Is there even a BMS in there? Getting worried…

Every mm of clearance would count if it’s on 78mm wheels so integrated may be the way to go for me. As enticing as Eboosted setup would be…

1 Like

What’s ironic about the video of the internals is it shows the depth of the “cutout”.

The diy kits cutout is 5” wide. It can be seen in the video, Which looks similar to cutout on the diy. But it can’t be more than 3-4mm deep and the battery pack is clearly much wider than 5”. So the cutout is essentially just for that piece of foam across the bottom of the pack.

I’m gonna assume that @eBoosted will come up with a much better enclosure that will likely afford much more room. However, it’s clear that the enclosure included in the DIY kit has much more room than that 5” wide channel

Best bet is to buy a blemish model (they are selling them now) and get an @eboosted enclosure. Will probably cost less than the diy

1 Like

If only eboosted was doing it in faux wood grain

4 Likes

Hi guys I’ve fitted my replacement hub this evening and notice that one wheel / motor has slightly less resistance than the other so when you blip the throttle one wheel stops before the other .Does this matter ?
I also noticed that one of the replacement hub inner motor plate threaded holes must be slightly dodge as the torx bolt won’t tighten up like the others and I’m only going finger / thumb tight with a dab of locktite .Kind of pisses me off when I’ve just waited two weeks for a replacement. Hopefully the bolt won’t need removing so long as the motor doesn’t fail .check the vid on the wheel spin / stop .

2 Likes