Bushings alternative

Hi everyone, am i the only tired by change my bushings and trucks every month ?

bushings lifetime is about 50/80km, infinity truck about 2/300km, im not a crazy freerider with a high ride level, only ride cool on mountain paths, complete board is 17kg, rider 75kg with full equipment, 2x6s 16A lipo so i have 20km range, no big hiking.

Im ok its a wearing part but its gonna be expensive and boring to change every week.

I’m looking for the news 3D trucks but its a lot of money im ready to invest after the first reviews, is there a temporary solution for an other bushing style ?

1 Like

some trucks you have barrrels or springs (look at trampa) and eitherway i dont think they should be wearing so fast unless your doing something wrong

1 Like

I test many “mounting style” with different washers, different bushings thickness, i try with new trampa trucks out of the box and straight axay on the board, same problem so i don’t think the problem came from me.

1 Like

maybe not have you tried these sort of trucks
TRAMPA - ATB Spring Trucks (trampaboards.com)

also @Andy87 and some others probably know more then me about mountainboarding

He has problems with exactly this kind of trucks you linked.
It’s a common issue.
Not for me so far… not sure why thou… maybe I’m just ignoring it and ride with fucked plastic parts :joy:

Calling @rich as we was playing around with some metal bushings a while back.
Don’t remember if that worked out thou.

5 Likes

You? Ignoring a problem? Noooooooo!

3 Likes

ah ok sorry dont know mtb trucks

I feel like an oil impregnated Bronz bushings might last longer. Should be really easy to make with just a lathe

Not sure of your required dimensions, but something like this is what I mean: https://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=120711&currency=USD&gclid=Cj0KCQiAuJb_BRDJARIsAKkycUl4PFIU9F-YmE5fbZetIoTrbQ7O_1-4xvj9-7dUfsYrzXurvATcsuQaAj_iEALw_wcB

3 Likes

Why do you always post useless information about stuff you don’t even know.
Almost every thread I read has some random shit from you.

9 Likes

Great idea, i have tried with 2 on my rear truck (the one who have the most hardlife) and same problem, the bushing exploded in 80kms

@Andy87 i can’t ignore it, that sound horrible (alloy on steel) and kill a 150€ truck in few kilometers, i try it once and don’t want to retry

3 Likes

I‘m confident 2021 will bring some options which will solve this problem for all time…
:eyes::sweat_smile::eyes:

3 Likes

Wish youre right

You really should try the @3DServisas trucks. Quality is unreal, and bearings to make axial loads much more manageable and make you feel your bushings (the barrel bushings) way better.

3 Likes

Yeaaaah ! Look gorgeous !

Do you buy it only for the rear or front too ?
Don’t know if my gear drive fit on, same profile as infinity ?

1 Like

Then don’t recommend things you don’t know about

4 Likes

These look really neat, I bet they feel super smooth

1 Like

I believe they have the same profile as trampa infinity, yes! I will send you measurements to double check

How much are they? I thought there were about £500 a pair?

The hanger profile is 20x20mm, identical to non-CNC variant of Trampa hangers. Everything, as usual, is already written in the store description of products.

3 Likes

I just went to see, thanks, i think its ok with my geardrive, machined trampa/etoxx trucks are 21mm square.

How are they in hard condition ? The hanger’s bearing looks great but how react the baseplate’s bushing ? Look like there are 2 bushings , black and yellow ?

I think i will wait riders reviews before spent 600euros in a pair of trucks, if it solve the problem i would be happy to go with them

3 Likes