Bushings alternative

If this passes for hard conditions: there was a big crash with wheel hitting a drainage cover wall and the whole board flipping. Nothing happened to the whole system. Tons of kilometers on the setup. The yellow hanger kingpin bushings are made from hard plastic, the same that is used for gears in the gear drives.

If you are not a fan of solid polyurethane bushings the original spring+damper combination will work, the standard is kept.

The axles are made from high carbon steel, per request they can be hardened. We do not use any ready-made bolts for axles even if it seems to be the fashion.

3 Likes

I thought they were 280 euros for a single truck?

Thatā€™s great to hear, so yellow bushing isnā€™t a wearing part anymore ? :heart_eyes:
Dampas are great (imo) maybe some wobble on carve after 35kmh on offroad, curious to try the yellow dampas

High carbon steel Axles are different to infinity i guess ? Have some trouble with them on 9ā€™ tyres

Nice to have some good words from you @3DServisas , these ones seems crazy and nothing is better to hear riderā€™s feedback like this.

@moon yes, 278ā‚¬ for 1 truck

1 Like

@trampa what are your axles made from?

Judging off of that picture. Definitely not hardened steel. Lol

We tried pretty much every steel you can buy today. All axle pins will soften over time, due to constant small movements. We also tried hardened axles, but they tend to snap and that is worse than a bending axles. Itā€™s all about the fatigue strength and the ability to bend rather than break into two pieces.
Another factor is deck flex. Stiffer decks put more pressure on the trucks (and your bones).

1 Like

So if these axles bend and arenā€™t strong enough for this application. Wouldnā€™t it make sense to increase the diameter? Or do you see trucks as a ā€œconsumableā€. And if so whatā€™s the rated change interval?

If the axles are the weakest link why not make them user swapable so the whole hanger isnā€™t garbageā€¦

2 Likes

The aluminium also wears over time and you canā€™t see that. If you swap axles, you might see a broken hanger body or top truck next.

1 Like

Trampa Trucks on offroad e-mtb is clearly a consumable

2 Likes

Why not just make everything thicker and more durable so it lasts? You donā€™t see a swing arm on a dirt bike needing replaced often. Because itā€™s engineered to handle the loadsā€¦

You can design a truck in a way, so that it does not fail over a long time, but then suddenly snaps without a warning. For electric boards we prefer materials that bend before they snap. There is lots of strain on those trucksā€¦ Also most mountainboarders want the stuff to be light, so that swing mass is low. Its all about the balance between all the factors to take into account.

2 Likes

I understand riders wants some light parts but here its too much, i wear more trucks than tires.
Infinity is the most durable truck you sell, so if i want some reliable trucks wich one can i buy ?

Its not a trampa truck trial, im only tired to throw money in this parts, there are enough wearing parts in emtb, imo trucks can be during as long as the deck ,ok for maintenance but i canā€™t throw 1 truck every 5 rides.

1 Like

I got zero experience with either truck just observing. but the mbs trucks got a stepped axle from 12.6mm to 12mm and they are waay shorter. and if you put the massive 18mm spacer on the inside you got quite abit of leverage on that axle. I presume that is one of the main reason why we see more bent axles on the trampa trucks compared to the MBS. that said the I have no idea what kind of steel they are using. and knowing that would be helpful.

I guess the deck is very stiff and shocks are not absorbed by the deck as much. High total weight and a stiff deck is putting quite some pressure on the axles. It does the same to the knees as well. Personally I prefer more flexible decks for EMTBs, since you ride quite some distances and I like the deck to act as a spring/dampa to swallow all the impacts.

So you tried all the steel axles huh, did trampa also develop these trucks by themselves then?

Looking at this:

Were they first, did they copy you, or do you guys just order these things from a factory in china that makes these?

Gererally curious.

1 Like

Youre right on this point, i ride a stiff bro, i were on a 17ply holypro who is flexy but uncomfortable for my knees and injuried ankle, i can understand stiff deck canā€™t absorb vibrations but how about develop good bushings or a truck system for the heavy electric use ? You sell it 1ā‚¬ per, 1 kilometers on my mtb cost me more than 1 kilometer with my car.

I understand Anyone who ride on road or clean path havenā€™t this problem but for the people who ride more like your promotion video : jump in the woods, on the rocks and whatever you want, did they replace all their bushings/trucks after every footage ?

You made and develop good stuff but here, for a little piece of plastic shit my truck is garbage.

I buy some expensive parts for reliability and almost free maintenance, that work for everything except this.
When i buy a 10$ ali box for my battery i didnt expect more than my 10$, but for a 130$++ truck its an another thing.

2 Likes

I know your problem :wink:

I guess your issues are the holes on your rear hanger. Does the bushing wiggle inside the hole or is it a tight fit? If itā€™s tight you can try to sand the possible sharp edges and rough surfaces a bit with a fine sand paper.

When a hanger starts to eat bushings it`s usually getting worse. I tried brass bushings but they shattered and widened the holes even more. In the end I killed a set of new bushings on every ride, that sucked. A new hanger fixed the problem.

Usually I bend the axle(s) before I get issues with bushings or the holes of the hanger :man_shrugging:.

2 Likes

They are very easy to remove on the ultimate hanger.

1 Like

Arenā€™t they all a bit the same :man_shrugging:
I donā€™t think mountainboarding came from china thou.

Edit: realized the last two of my comments make me look like a trampa fan boyā€¦ Iā€™m not :point_up: Just wanted to put done statements right.

3 Likes

Old or new hanger, the problem is the same, bushing fit right, you ride some kilometers and if you didnt change it in the perfect time (20/30km i guess) your truck is dead

Bushing plastic melts on the axle, a new axle is marked after 50kms, axleā€™s holes became oblong after a very short time riding, you win the chance to buy another new truck.

A new hanger fix the problem for some few kilometers, rear or front truck is the same shit, maybe the front bushing last a few more kilometers but nothing normal.

I have tried brass bushing too, bad idea for me

If trampa trucks need to change wheel axles/bushing/hanger axle each ride its a pain.

1 Like