Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

1). Amish used to make them but they have gone under. The large flat washers should be adequate though.

2). Measurements would help to determine unless you have some stock Caliber II trucks lying around, you could see if the stock ones fit.

3). This is really odd what you are saying here, you would be better off increasing the front to 50 degrees to match the rear otherwise it will handle like a forklift!

1 Like
    • Large flats allow to move movement, quite intent on restricting boardside, thinking APS/Krank Tall Fatcone, or something. - I find it shocking that thereā€™s no demand for this considering the benifits would imagine it would allow alot more tuneablity with the Riptide lineup

2 - Iā€™ll try and measure

• Ronins from 42.5 - 45 was already surprisingly a jump. Running Ronins at 50 makes sense but also dosent thats going to be Super reponsive?

granted this one is a tough one - i would have used Bowyers adjustable baseplate system - but it apears in the design the cable managment was overlooked. Not so many handy options when at 45/50

If i snag some older motors with 8mm Axle i could just throw it on some 35 Ronins on the rears would be ideal.

looking at getting krank 93a for a tb218 trucks cant decide between cannons and barrels

1 Like

Canon bushings are ever so slightly larger in diameter. 1" as opposed to .975". Iā€™m not sure what size the TB bushing seat is but if you heave calipers you can measure it. @RipTideSports can tell you if it will or not. Thereā€™s a handy thread for it here: Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

4 Likes

What do you want to improve? Cannot answer your question unless your tell the type of handling youā€™re after!

1 Like

Canons fit the TB 218 seats better than our Barrels

6 Likes

Since I got you here Iā€™m currently using 93a cannons front and rear with flat washers on caliber 2 and Iā€™m building a new board with tb218 would they perform similarly also considering magnums in the board side

It depends a lot on the base plate angles of the two systems

Their both 50 degree but the tb218 is on an evo so its 65/35

1 Like

evo is +10/-10 unless itā€™s really old I think

1 Like

I believe Evo is actual +15/-15. The subsonic century is +10/-10

@Hicklinc not sure how you like your current setup but I would look to drop that front angle try to use maybe a 35 degreee baseplate to print it down to 50 overall or something similar.

Iā€™ve found the 65 degreee angle just too much to keep stable at high speeds. Although Iā€™d you donā€™t ride that fast it shouldnā€™t be too big a deal.

Either way @RipTideSports will sort you out.

2 Likes

In the process of building it and Iā€™ve considered it Iā€™m going to see what 65/35 is like first

2 Likes

Please let is know what you think, I have rarely found that steep of an angle much of any use. You will need to create a high differential in bushing hardness and possibly shape to accommodate such a large split.

2 Likes

Digital angle gauge measures +10/-10 on both :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Ahhhhhhh damn well it could be threee things

1. That evo is broken (throw it out) lol
  2. Your angle gauge is broken (throw it out)
  3. You are measuring wrongā€¦

Lol idk Iā€™m sure you right. Now I feel the urge to measure my evos damnnnn. I donā€™t wanna know tho

3 Likes

I always thought they were +15 -15 as wellā€¦ time to go measure an Evo I guessā€¦

@RipTideSports Hey Brad, when do you think you will have the SR TKP PIvot Cups back in stock? If its not soon, do you have another model that would fit? thanks

2 Likes

Better order not they are in stock but not for long

1 Like

Just ordered :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like