Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

Lol Rip brad.
I guess I never thought about it but do your ride electric? Any builds? Or just pushers?

3 Likes

If I remember correctly he has an electric (X amount) I couldnā€™t for the life of me find where he said he didā€¦ I could be horribly wrong though :joy:

2 Likes

Oh I can imagine he does, but canā€™t imagine him quite zooming down the street at 30 on a board. I want to see this

2 Likes

He rides for sure. And if I remember correctly he rolls with bushings on the softer end like 87A I think ( could be very wrong lol).

But Iā€™m pretty sure I remember a convo with him about his setup.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he runs 3linksā€¦ Or maybe thatā€™s on his gravity deck. All I know is he is one dope dude :call_me_hand:t3:

3 Likes

So my mans is kitted and be rolling at 50mph with the decked out race setup!? Lmaooo now I rlly need to see

ReAL

3 Likes

I ride a Stooge Raceboard, Redember deck version built by none other than @MoeStooge. Brandon Torgenson has been racing it at the last couple of events. He is faster than I am so I just take care of the setup and let him rip. I am getting faster though.

14 Likes

FIRST there were Larry LS, Moe MS and Curly CS. Then Curly Joe CJS, Shemp SS, and yes. Now Bradā€“BS. Take that Brad

3 Likes

@RipTideSports have you forgotten about me?

1 Like

Letā€™s just say I definitely did not see that coming!

What a great looking guy in leather

2 Likes

I might have, let me look back a bit, sorry

Bradā€¦ @RipTideSports whatā€™s the correct technical term for the middle-piece of bushing/king pin plate on a DKP truck called?

1 Like

Kook I think. Itā€™s called the clutch after what your butcheeks do at 30mph. Nah I just made that shit up.

7 Likes

jajajaja

1 Like

That is a good question, I have no idea.

1 Like

I just call it the ā€œmiddle-thingieā€

:shushing_face: :thinking: :shushing_face:

1 Like

First thing, Yes, you should replace the pivots, they do a lot for being such a small part. Our Paris WFB 96a are the way to go. Please le me know if you can tell if both pivots on the setup are the same. As for the bushings I am going to play it safe since I do not know exactly what will fit the modified rear hanger. Go with two pair of KranK Canon 90a and take your current cupped washers and use them both in back and your flat washers, use them both up front. Sorry for not responding sooner @M77

2 Likes

Thanks @RipTideSports. No worry man, worth waiting for first class customer support!
The custom hanger is using the the same pivot as the front Paris hanger so Iā€™ll change them both then.

Looking forward to trying this out :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Brad,

Thanks for taking the time to address questions. I am excited to be a loyal customer of RipTide Sports here in the near future. Q: Iā€™ve put a couple hundred miles on my stock Backfire Mini so far. I love it, but the road vibrations are a bit much with the stiff, carbon fiber deck. I ordered backfireā€™s 96mm wheels (up from the stock 85mm it comes with) and thatā€™s helped a TON, but I have to tighten the trucks to prevent serious wheel bite so Iā€™ll need a riser pad rec as well. Would appreciate someones expert recommendation for the following:

Bushing rec? Cup/holding washer?

Riser pad rec?

I know I could solve this problem altogether with another board (which I have), but love the practicality and features of the mini for my daily commute and travel so I am trying to fine-tune the setup. Everything is stock on the board so far, except for the recent wheel sleeve upgrade. I am a shorter/smaller rider and weigh about 145 lbs with gear. Overall, I am looking for vibration dampening and the ability to carve a bit more than I can currently with the 96mm backfire sleeves and thin stock risers (causing wheel bite). Also, I push the board to the max quite a bit (25+mph), which can get a bit spicyā€¦ but whatā€™s not to love about rippinā€™ the limits. :crazy_face:

Thanks for your advice; I greatly appreciate it!

1 Like