Bushing and Truck Setup Help Offered

I am prepping for an event in Torrance so I should be back to this on Sunday eve or Monday

1 Like

How did nobody comment on this??

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/77/0d/7f/88/c145/454c/8c3d/d0e007905ea2/pickle-rick-wields-some-pretty-gnarly-weapons-in-this-grisly-battle.png?auto=compress&h=1200&w=1200&crop=edges&fit=crop

1 Like

Hi @RipTideSports, quick question! Bushing tips for 180 lb rider, ecalibers drop-thru and venom Mach 1 wheels? Get’s a little squirrelly above 25 mph; looking for stability at top speed while maintaining carviness, THANKS BRAD!

1 Like

Ecalibers? Ban you tell me what the final base plate angles are? Looks like the board wedges both the front and back, must be a Bustin…

1 Like

@RipTideSports I’m not actually sure what angle the baseplates are but if I had to guess I’d say they’re same as regular caliber baseplates, so 44 degrees? Here’s the website I ordered from, I didn’t see any mention of angles tho =/

yeah it’s a Bustin Maestro!

1 Like

OK, looks like they are actually 50 so you have a 50+ symmetrical setup. put an Inclinometer on the base plate and add that to 50 to get the actual angle. This will help us determine what bushings to put in them

2 Likes

oo, I don’t have an inclinometer =/

Do you have a smart phone? Download Clinometer: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plaincode.xclinometer&hl=en_US

1 Like

looks like 10 degrees, so we got 60 degrees front and back. Or would you be subtracting 10 degrees?

1 Like

You are correct, adding the 10 degrees. That is really steep and prone to be unstable. Any chance you could top mount the trucks and de-wedge the rear 10 to 20 degrees? Bustin M’s are made for pedestrian slalom and fairly low speeds

1 Like

yeah I could do that. I got some angled risers coming in the mail atm, I’ll get back at you when they arrive!

1 Like

@RipTideSports
I have had a brainwave.
Have you attended any of the large events?
Turn up with a tent, truckload of bushing, pivots and associated magic tricks and set everyone on the righteous path? Everyone at the event would ride better and safely? I cast my mind back to the Paris event. You would have fitted right in with what was going on there for sure, made a lot of people happy and come away hopefully with a bit of money for your troubles? Closer to home I’m sure there are many events to attend.
Perhaps something in conjunction with steezedistribution? @Lee_Wright and @Ricardo are part of the organising team for what will be the massive itselectric event next year. Perhaps drop them a line?

11 Likes

We were hoping @RipTideSports would have joined us, the community and all the other big vendor names in Paris, but it just didn’t happen last time around.

We haven’t yet kicked off next year’s event preparations (there’s ideas and they’ll be released in due time), but I’m hoping every big name will be there, as the vendor feedback from the first edition was very positive.

1 Like

He literally just did this exactly at a race in Lancaster and he showed up to our cannonball in SF. Brad is a super chill dude with a wealth of knowledge. He’s as nice as he seems online

5 Likes

Very likely saved some people their skin. @RipTideSports is the man!

4 Likes

He also did it at the SoCal Outlaw Races, got me all tuned up…

1 Like

I’ll buy bushings from no one else👌

4 Likes

Yup, I’m set for life now cause of him :joy:

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Brad even offer delivery service before the race @RipTideSports

4 Likes

Dash, thanks but I accidentally kept the bushings I took off your board, I will return them when I see you again. Going to the event next Sunday in the riverbed?

2 Likes