Building with the Bustin Sportster

I love that board

I just preordered there diy sportster

4 Likes

No build thread? Can you show us some pics of the underside and inside?

Looks great. Already love the look

I don’t have any of the inside but i have a unity in there along with a 10s4p.

3 Likes

It’s gonna be challenging for wheel clearance if I elect to run drop through on this deck.

I’m nearing wheel bite with 90 mm clones on it. Intending 110 or 125s for this build. Leaning towards 125s for clearance.

If you top mount, a forward mounted belt drive would be tough given the drop location on this deck.

I want to run cnc trucks and I want to do the back facing motor mounts.
I was thinking 3D servisas 240mm hangers with the torque board mounts?

1 Like

I’ll be running 90mm on it so I guess I should be good :+1:

This is probably the wrong thread to chat about all this since this is about their prebuilts. Gonna start a new thread for this

@BillGordon any chance you can move these off topic posts to the new thread I just created?

It was a deck with cutout + enclosure combo

Or just the original deck

You can’t by the enclosure or the deck with cutout separate

I’ll get some more pics later. Need to switch back to drop through

Config below
35” sportster
Caliber 2 45/50
90mm abec clones
Top mount - 3/16” riser pad
Pic below is the front, so 50* baseplate

This is max lean

I’ll switch back to drop through and take some pics later. I can throw the 97s on too.

Definitely going to be challenging to use any kind of large wheel with drop through and an RKP hanger.

Edit:

Here is drop through. 97mm abec refly wheels on caliber 2s. This is the front 50* truck at max lean. The wheel clears with about 3mm to spare.

There is approximately 2.75” of ground clearance at the center of the deck

3 Likes

I purchased the deck and inclosure a few days ago and I plan to try and run some sort of cnc trucks but I haven’t pulled the trigger on a set.

Im not sure if ill keep the wood grain look on the cover, I might try some thing else idk

ill keep everyone posted

If you get something with a wider hangar maybe?

1 Like

Updated with new pics

I have some @boardnamics 184 mm hangers coming, I could potentially space the wheel a little outwards or change the axle bolts to get more. Trying to stay as narrow as I can.

I have boardnamics idler mounts coming and I’m considering a rear mounted belt motor setup. However, I may switch to a TKP or DKP direct drive. That will give a ton more room over the RKP angles should I go that route.
Either way, looks like I’ll be able to fit 110s with maybe just a little material removal in the corners.

2 Likes

Do it.
And I’m not saying that because I have surfrodz tkp trucks with mounts I’m about to sell.

But I have surfrodz tkp trucks with mounts I’m about to sell.

9 Likes

Haha I might be more likely to fall into the DD setup with this one.

I was literally waiting for SR sales and nothing came up. My wallets getting thin at this point tho

I even have a matching adjustable baseplate for the rear to help with stability. :grin:

3 Likes

Can I see a top view of this?

1 Like

I have read the the E-core isn’t really good with threaded inserts, you might have to use the ones that go all the way through with a flange at the top? Or bolt through the deck from the top?

1 Like

10.25” across the wheels (97 abecs)

2 Likes

I can’t see the deck enclosure combo on the site.

Interesting. I usually install with a bit of epoxy. Mines getting skinned with CF most likely so there will be a little extra thickness there.

Interested the know how deep of a channel they cut into the diy kit. There’s not a massive amount of deck thickness here.

I’m planning to remove up to about 5mm For my enclosure and then FG and potentially CF it. Adding about 3mm back hopefully.