Brently's Boards

so dude …

what is life like being an ex-esk8 hoarder???

asking for a friend.

1 Like

another two :joy: I technically only have all the parts to finish one of them

I’ll tell you when I find out :laughing: but it is a lot less then having 5 - 6 running builds. Since I’ve been so bikeish for a bit my tinkering just transitioned there. It makes me appreciate boards even more tho, now when I ride a board it’s a more active choice of adrenaline. Bikes are fun for speed and distance covered (and comfort) but nothing replaces carving.

2 Likes

when are you gonna kick it into slow gear with a OneWheel???

1 Like

Highly unlikely but I said that about bikes too ha

1 Like

I’m commuting again so I’m building a commuter. This is what I have now (not pictured pulleys and motors):

I am fucking hyped to build a small blind got it off FB for $150 shipped

goals:

top speed 30
range 20
cost to build sub $500 (current parts in my hoard don’t count) so very doable

8 Likes

Brently is back!

1 Like

Awesome thread to read. You’ve got some fun toys in here!

How do you like this charger? I just ordered one and hoping it’s decent

Is that a lightning rods motor?

2 Likes

Great charger its the one you want if you don’t mind the size. adjustability is nice, never pumps the advertised amps tho its usually 2ish amps lower than what the screen on it says. 10amps still doesn’t suck so I like mine

lmao I wish - that was my first mario motor set up a BBS HD, then moved on to CYC, then 3kw hub, then 5kw hub now her frame hangs in my garage over looking the surron and super :joy:

2 Likes

You know… If you want to spend more money check out the MAD wheels.
Neat stuff.

1 Like

I’ve been resisting the urge to update all the wheels from all my boards, so much cool shit has come out since my last build

2 Likes

There is so much cool shit dude. And more pops up every day…
Hide your wallet

1 Like

Look at this gorgeous abomination

Ordered a makerx and bought some used 190kv bois off the forum bc I apparently don’t have any in my motor graveyard

Litterally just need an enclosure and then I can figure out batt. If you guys have any recos lmk. I was looking at tato and some of the smaller @eBoosted options.

7 Likes

This is a wild one.
Now I am so curious how something like this would ride…

2 Likes

pushing it around I think it’ll be a winner!

Ordered a @tomiboi double stack short board enclosure, should be able to put a p42a 12s3p in there with room to spare (trying to keep weight down)

3 Likes

I’m wrapping the enclosure up right now. It will ship this afternoon.

1 Like

Maybe they made an update, or I just got lucky!

Full 12A at 18s on 116v input.

It is massive haha

Adjustable from 0A to 12A. Asked for 75.6v but it’s at 76v. Will have to see if there is a voltage pot inside to adjust it.

4 Likes

My 16s one does 12.6a at 110v. It’s dope
Mine came in at 68.2v for a 67.2v setup :face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes

you boys are either lucky or my app is wrong. when I check with my Ant BMS app highest I’ve seen is like 10.5A and thats for both my 20S and 18S versions

Those generally arent the most accurate. What does the charger on the screen say?

1 Like

full turn it reads 12A

when it reads 6A is really around 4.8A

1 Like