Brently's Boards

What’s the most you should pull out of a tesla cell? I see some sources say 8a, some say 12a. I was thinking of making an ebike (converted mountainbike) and I was thinking of using tesla cells for capacity. I was gonna go for a 12s4p or 12s5p

1 Like

Nah. You want like 8p and up at 12s

so I have feelz on this - I know mooch said 8-10 max

HOWEVER, when testing them we found their resistance to be similar to cells that output 15A. So we’re going with around 10ish still but might bump emm higher if needed.

1 Like

It’s an ebike that’s gonna pull 30a max, and Im doing it as cheaply as possible. I was gonna take an eBay hub motor wheel and a low-end vesc. Also, that’ll be super heavy.

yeah you should be fine at 3P but would always reco more to have the ability to increase and obvi good to have the headroom on specs.

This bike would be for doordash/food delivery if I can’t find a job over the summer, and I’d have to go quite far which is why I’m looking at cheaper high capacity cells. I’m actually worried they’ll go out of stock so hopefully I’ll finish planning this out soon.

define far - I expect to get around 50 miles of range out of this pack likely more but I’ll get better info here once I have some real world data

No idea how far a doordasher goes in Manhattan, but it needs at least 25 miles of range. Since it’s a bike I’m contributing power too, so I’d imagine it’s around 25wh/mi

12s4p would easily pass if it’s 25wh/mi, but I’m practically pulling that number out of my ass

12S is kinda low speed on a bike - unless that isn’t a goal

Speed is in no way a goal. 12s should easily get me into the 20s, which is more than I need. I’ll probably be going around 15 unless I’m going through central park or a large bike lane

1 Like

She’s functional - Bobby did that test run not me but hot damn, damn near 50mph!!

Final tuning should happen over the next week I’ll be adding some more red bits of flair to tie it together better

7 Likes

Oh man I want one of those!

3 Likes

I know a few guys that would be able to build you one man if your looking to buy prebuilt

2 Likes

Yeah @ChrisLips these things they build are legit

1 Like

Have too many projects in the hopper currently for this, but definitely on my radar now. Something tells me my wife might ride it as much or more than me, which isn’t a bad thing!

1 Like

part of this is a last stitch effort to get my girl to ride while I’m on a board - but its not gunna happen

2 Likes

I’m building a sizable tesla pack here soon too. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can test this. maybe put some magnets on the pos caps and pull? How easily did those come off?

1 Like

Pretty easily once it had been welded. It pried up after noticing some cells that needed fixing. It had a p group or two outta whack, upon first charge. So when fixing that this came up.

1 Like

Today was a good day. Got the apex predator which I immediately swapped the hypers on to, to create the HYPER PREDATOR lmao

Also made a bracket to hold this dope motion sensing light for the bike, and put the airs on the proto, thus birthing air proto

AND the lil focers showed up I will be trying to going 20s on the proto.

@jack.luis they are bigger than expected so don’t start slapping cells together until we measure out fitment with that big ass BMS

7 Likes

3 Likes