Brently's Boards

The Xboard tires look so much better with those rims

2 Likes

it adequately describes my actual riding ability :rofl: link if anyone wants to start a trend: HTD400~700/Pitch 5mm Polyurethan+Steel Wire Gear Timing Belt Transmission BELT | eBay

edit - see post below - when I took them for a test ride they bound up in places and caused some wheel shakes

I REALL REALLY want some spacers for phatladz I wish they were a tad wider

1 Like

Imma buy those

1 Like

they’re a little louder since they’re steel banded, which I’m a fan of love drive train noises

2 Likes

You’ve won my heart

1 Like

I love this belt want to use them in legendary bc they so strong and good but I hate the song they do

1 Like

they scream huh? that makes me excited haha I still need to take the board around the block and above 10mph with them

also nice ninja edit :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Lol ooo so you see
I was like no no no

Yes they scream in the beginning I was ok and after I was no people going to complain

3 Likes

Bad news bro’s the white belts don’t like like large pulleys so hold off on buying them

Womp womp

@Bavioze

2 Likes

What’s the problem?

Seems to get wonky contact between those lines, caused the wheel to “hop” a little as it rotated, didn’t notice it testing it in apt, took it to get food this afternoon and it happens above 13ish

Idk might be able to figure out a way to smooth it out but I’ve run standard belts after with no issue so it’s a belt prob

2 Likes

seems like the belt has the wrong tooth size

1 Like

Somethings up listing said they were htd5 :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

yeah, they fucked up or you shrunk your pulley or every other belt you use is wrong

2 Likes

Do both belts have it? Could be mismatching tolerances?

1 Like

The left one didn’t seem to hop too much but it did happen eventually on the ride. The right one was much worse tho.

I have a feeling that if I realign my wheel gears and get them perfectly centered, then run relatively tight belts I could get them to work

2 Likes

They say they are urethane, so it probably has different needs for tension etc.

1 Like

Bike updates:

20s8p Tesla pack is done, batt bag is done (ox bloodish pleather outter, waterproof liner inner)

Next is harness soldering, final assembly, and I’ll prob get some accessories for it too.

My frame is not the one in pic she’ll be black so all that red should pop. Probably going to redo the seat in this ox blood material too.

Last photo is some issues we had with a few of the Tesla cells. Cap literally ripped off when replacing some cells that appeared dead. So buyer beware and heed mooches warnings about the fact that these are technically repurposed cells, even if they’ve had no cycles.

7 Likes

Fuck this is giving me anxiety. I did test every cell tho.

1 Like

you are hopefully good then but yeah just monitor those P groups on the first few charge cycles

1 Like